Community discussions

MikroTik App

PaoloCarbone
just joined
Topic Author

HAP AC 2.4Ghz Wireless not working

Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:37 pm

I have been trialling an hAP AC as a possible managed router for our internet customers but am experiencing big issues with the wireless side of things.

When trying to connect to the 2.4Ghz wireless all our devices (iphones, android, windows) report incorrect password or limited connectivity.

The log shows the device as connected but immediately follows with "disconnected, unicast key exchange timeout" or "disconnected, reveiced disassoc:sending station leaving".

The windows laptop does receive an IP address but you cannot ping the local gateway and it then disconnects.

This is a default configuration running 6.35.2 and all that has been set is the country code and the default security profile set to WPA2 PSK with aes ccm and a PSK set.

I had exactly the same problem with the 5Ghz, but changing from auto channel to a fixed channel appears to have resolved the issue.

However, it doesn't seem to matter what I do with the 2.4Ghz I cannot get a connection.

Has anyone else had any problems like this?

I also tried the single band hAP and still see the same problem.

Thanks

anuser
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: HAP AC 2.4Ghz Wireless not working

Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:00 pm

I have the same problem and had to set fequency manually. But this is clearly not an option for me for hundreds of access points in the future.

JesperR
just joined

Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:06 pm

I have a similar problem. "key exchange timeouts" and disconnects. I replaced my WRT320N with HAC AC. 1-to-1 replacement, same environment and clients  I used "Quick Set" to set up "Home AP dual".
My WRT320N 2.4Ghz have been very stable at channel 6 for years. Setting my new HAC AC to channel 6 gives "key exchange timeouts" and disconnects, some times just enough bandwidth to listen to a streaming radio station. I tried different options but never as good at my old WRT320N at 2.4Ghz. Same at 2 independent clients both using 802.11g.
Different channels seems to change a little, but it have never been a problem with my WRT320N.
RouterOS: 6.35.2
model: RouterBOARD 962UiGS-5HacT2HnT
firmware-type: qca9550L
factory-firmware: 3.30
current-firmware: 3.30
upgrade-firmware: 3.31

Please help

haik01

Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:58 am

Completely remove the secrets and profiles. Try to connect without password (open authentication). See if that works.

Then add a new security profile.

Usually that helps.

PaoloCarbone
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:26 pm

Thanks for the replies, I have only just seen them.

I am still having the same problems - 5Ghz works fine, but 2.4Ghz nothing. If I run with no security my devices still ask for a password.

What I have discovered is that if I unplug the WAN interface (running DHCP client) then I can connect to the 2.4Ghz wireless fine but obviously have no internet access. As soon as I reconnect the WAN port then the wireless drops.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:34 pm

Possible causes:

1. What can happen is that your iPhone or PC remembers the old password, and tries to connect using that, even after you have changed or removed the password from the AP. I suggest going to the client device and using the "forget this network" option, then disable and enable the wireless, scan again, try to connect.
2. What can also happen, is that there is another device nearby with the same SSID.

Normally, if you do a complete reset of your hAP, and use the QuickSet to set a password, it works for any client.
Also, use a new SSID this time, not the one that was not working for you initially.
If you still need help, you are welcome to email me at support@mikrotik.com

Dude
just joined

Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:00 pm

Same problems with wAP ac + CAPsMAN. 5ghz working fine, but 2ghz work one of two wAP (some time cap1, sometime cap2 permit connect). Always second CAP drop connect with logs:
1) disconnected, 4-way handshake timeout
2) disconnected, received disassoc unspecified

ivicask

Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:00 pm

Same problems with wAP ac + CAPsMAN. 5ghz working fine, but 2ghz work one of two wAP (some time cap1, sometime cap2 permit connect). Always second CAP drop connect with logs:
1) disconnected, 4-way handshake timeout
2) disconnected, received disassoc unspecified
Just first time settings few WAP ACs and im getting the same error!

Iv done the most basic setup and no matter what i try it doesnt work, tried few phones same error, on other hand i connect old laptop and works fine

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:15 am

I had to set channel width to 20 for the 2.4. Then devices connected fine.

AlainCasault
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:36 pm

In a busy environment, it's better to leave width at 20MHz as 40 will likely cause more problems than its worth. I tried it once in a lab and link would go down under load. And you will cause much interference.

Sent from Tapatalk