Community discussions

MikroTik App

iberium
just joined
Topic Author

capsman dropping

Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:04 pm

We have a capsman setup with 450 radios.  The problem we have,  is that it works great for awhile,  then all of a sudden all the radios quit broadcasting and go back to channel-scanning.  Not a single one ever finds a channel once this happens.  The only way to get them back is to remove the interfaces and reprovision.  This only happens when we have it set to auto-channel.  Is there a way to prevent this or do we just need to manually assign channels to each one?\

Capsman v2 on ROS 6.35.4

5mika
just joined

Re: capsman dropping

Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:10 pm

Hello,

Did you found the solution?

I have the same problem.
But my CAPs are disconnecting and rejoining randomly all the time.
I don't know why is that happening i can't find the problem.

About 80 CAPs.

This is frustrating...

iberium
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:58 pm

I have not,  and that's all that I get in the logs.  Just starts saying disconnecting and they all start doing it all at once.  Its like the capsman service is locking up or something.  The only thing I can figure,  and i'm going to start changing some setting on them is that we are using the discovery interface on some of them.  I'm going to disable that as we are giving them the capsman info via DHCP.  In the logs they are identifying by MAC address,  so not sure if these are the ones that connected via layer2 or layer3.

The only other thing I can think of is something with the bridge or port configuration.  We're running 10G to some 1016's and 1G down to 226's.  But ethernet continues to run.

iberium
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:44 pm

Haven't figured it out,  it will run for a day or two and then just start dropping all the caps and they just go into a repeat cycle trying to rejoin.