just joined
Topic Author

wisp setup guide

Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:30 pm

hello there,

Sry for this sillyness but please help me for setup a new small wisp
apprx <50 clients and bandwidth also less than 50MBPS
Please say me
what will the equipment required for this from base station to customer end with whole flow diagram

Thanks for support

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: wisp setup guide

Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:41 pm

Is it kind of joke?

If you mean it seriously you should rather not waste your time by this and start to do something you are good at it.

surajdgiri
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:54 pm

Yup it may b joke for u

But plz guide me

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:19 pm

I am also quite amused (or frightened?) by the amount of subscribers here who first
decided that they want to start a WISP and then find out that it requires a network administrator
to run it, not only a salesman (which they are themselves).
So soon they find themselves confronted with problems arising from having 200 users
on a 2 Mbit/s internet connection, having no firewalling on the internet side and their DNS resolver
being used as DDoS amplifiers, or even being attacked from the inside.
Or they decide that their clients are not supposed to spend their bandwidth viewing Youtube, and
expect that it is possible to block that with a simple rule.

No, when you want to start a WISP you should have knowledge of such topics, or run the operation
together with someone who has that knowledge. Don't try to do it via the forum and have the
people here train you on the job.

surajdgiri
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:57 pm

But atleast give me some basic idea of equipment and its cost

IntrusDave
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:07 pm

Start with US$100,000. And contact your local government to find the costs of the licensing and permits and what spectrum you can use. Then start reading to learn about what equipment you can use in that spectrum. Every client will be different. You also will need to learn about the network so you know how to manage it.

nest
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:29 pm

But atleast give me some basic idea of equipment and its cost
This is the same as saying, "Please supply me the list of parts I need to build a house. Thank you"
My thoughts on this: https://blog.linitx.com/wisp-box/

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:48 pm

No need to be so aggressive guys :) for a village it may be not so hard.

For example, if all the "customers" are private homes in a specific area, one could use a "hAPac + SXT Lite5" on the customer side, and a NetMetal 5 in the central site, if the central site has internet access.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:57 pm

Normis. You are trying to be nice. But do you believe that something like this can really help to anyone who is missing basic idea and having no experience?

Do you remember acooperator? He was exceptionally experienced network admin in comparison to this....

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:47 pm

Maybe he can contact a distributor who also offers hands-on training and support, e.g. similar to what "nest" is offering?

surajdgiri
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:55 pm

Say me same like in india for learning

nest
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:28 pm

No need to be so aggressive guys :) for a village it may be not so hard.
OK, as per original request here is the flowchart: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByN8sx ... sp=sharing

Here is the list:

Broadband Modem - usually supplied by the ISP. MikroTik do not make Modems.
Optional Mikrotik Router - chose from a RB850GX2, one of the RB2011 models, or a RB3011 or any of the Cloud Core Routers. (You could just use the supplied ISP modem - but I highly recommend you do not for security reasons)
Wireless AP - chose from one of the models of mANTBox, SXTSA5ac (or a NetMetal5 dual chain radio with an alternative supplier of directional antenna) depending on your technical analysis of the coverage area required and beamwidth of antenna being considered to cover that.
Wireless Client - recommend the SXT5ac or if the signal levels are too low to achieve a sensible throughput, recommend the QRT 5ac. If you are trying to achieve very long distance connections to clients, also investigate the NetMetal 5 dual chain radio connected to a mANT30 antenna.
indoor customer wireless router - recommend the hAP AC Lite

haik01

Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:18 pm

You should definitely hire a system administrator. That person should really have experience in multi client wifi connections, since that is completely different than a 200 person office, where 90% of the equipment is connected by cables.

It would be bad for you if you use a correct setup, good equipment, but the fail to configure it correctly. So clients start to complain, and your reputation is ruined. Only because you wanted to "save" on a good administrator.