Community discussions

MikroTik App

mbahram
Topic Author

SXT Lite5 Neighbors

Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:22 pm

I have a link using RB912 board & stations using RB SXT Lite5.
Let's say, the RB912 has an IP 10.10.10.2 and the stations have IPs in this range.
When I connect one of those stations by Ethernet to my laptop and open WinBox 3.4, I can only see this station and the neighbors don't appear noting that it is connected to the RB912 and I can see the neighbors from inside the Router OS in IP > Neighbors, but the laptop can't ping any of those addresses nor connect to them even if I set manual IP for the laptop on same network.
Any Advise?

Another question regarding the settings of the station, in Wireless, I choose station WDS but the thing is, it keeps reverting to station bridge. Is that normal?

InoX
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: SXT Lite5 Neighbors

Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:49 am

For an network to be transparent (layer 2) AP must be set in ap bridge and station bridge for clients. Routing must be disabled. I'm pretty sure yours aren't set in this way.

czolo

Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:20 pm

Why routing have to be disabled? What you mean by saying that?

> When I connect one of those stations by Ethernet to my laptop and open WinBox 3.4, I can only see this station and the neighbors don't appear
Maybe that's because you have separate broadcast area (L2) on wifi and lan. Use bridge and add eth1 and wlan1 to it, and you will see all mt's

> Any Advise?
Read about network layers :)

>Another question regarding the settings of the station, in Wireless, I choose station WDS but the thing is, it keeps reverting to station bridge. Is that normal?
yes

mbahram
Topic Author

Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:47 pm

Thanks Czolo,

but what is the difference between station bridge and station WDS?
which one should I use?

btw, the neighbors problem was because of the filters I added.