Community discussions

MikroTik App

jlixfeld
just joined
Topic Author

Upgrading APs in CAPsMAN configuration

Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:56 pm

I have a mAP that is acting as a CAPsMAN master with 5 cAP wired back to it. All were running just fine on 6.32.2. I upgraded the mAP to 6.36.2 and expected the cAPs to automatically upgrade themselves, but that doesn't seem to happen. Now, the cAPs are completely disconnected from the mAP. I suspect due to the version mismatch.

I thought about trying to upgrade the cAPs manually. If I connect to one of the cAP directly (via http) and try to upgrade it, it says 'could not resolve address upgrade.mikrotik.com'. These cAPs were provisioned in some way via the mAP (MAC discovery, I think is the name, if I recall correctly) so the AP doesn't really have an IP address, so it makes sense that it can't talk to the mikrotik. Is there another way that I can get these upgraded, maybe upgrading from the mAP directly or something? Or do I have to disconnect each one of the cAPs from the CAPsMAN configuration, upgrade it, and then add it back into the CAPsMAN configuration again?

I checked for some document that describes how these things are supposed to behave/upgrade in a CAPsMAN configuration, but I haven't found anything suggesting any reason why they would be acting this way.

Hopefully someone with some more experience in this stuff has an idea.

Thanks in advance!

karlisi

Re: Upgrading APs in CAPsMAN configuration

Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:23 am

If You can connect via Winbox, upgrade using it (download from Mikrotik site to workstation, copy/paste to Winbox -> Files, then reboot router).