Community discussions

MikroTik App

RN3QTB
Topic Author

large pings wifi 2.4 GHz

Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:32 am

Hello! Help, please! There RouterBoard433 it has 2 cards. One of them works as a bridge and connected to another sector directional antenna for 5 GHz. The second card works on 2.4 GHz B/G and distributes adopted across the bridge online around itself by means of an omnidirectional antenna. The signal bridge good, the speed is 36 Mbit. if you connect to point over ethernet, everything works perfectly. If you connect to it via Wi-Fi from any device - Toi Internet is quite slow. Began to look for the cause seems to be found. Every sixth packet of the ping is delayed 1530 milliseconds! And this I pingou very point. The distance from the device to a point not more than 15-25 meters. The power of the transmitter is by default. The signal from the device in radius of 10 meters -79/-79. Help, what to do?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

matiaszon

Re: large pings wifi 2.4 GHz

Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:10 am

What CCQ values you have?

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

tarikin

Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:45 pm

Check the CCQ!
Wireless frequency usage tool may also help you.
It looks like there is a pulsing interference in air.
Another question is why your connection is only 36mbit/s? It this connection speed stable?

RN3QTB
Topic Author

Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:04 pm

Check the CCQ!
Wireless frequency usage tool may also help you.
It looks like there is a pulsing interference in air.
Another question is why your connection is only 36mbit/s? It this connection speed stable?
Frequencies all right, no noise. The point is in the village, on this there are all the channels free. The choice of channels is in "auto" mode on this if it were noise, I think the point would be moved to another frequency. With regard to 36 megabits is the speed of the network bridge to point (3 kilometers) I think it is a normal speed.

RN3QTB
Topic Author

Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:05 pm

[quote="matiaszon"]What CCQ values you have?
now there is no way to see, but I will answer this question.

tarikin

Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:27 pm

Try also to ping Ilya Knyazev at http://spw.ru/forum

RN3QTB
Topic Author

Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:28 pm

I drew a scheme
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

noib
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:51 pm

I had similar problems (but worse, with loss) and i found out that i had to disable power saving option on the computer's wifi card driver.

RN3QTB
Topic Author

Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:08 pm

I had similar problems (but worse, with loss) and i found out that i had to disable power saving option on the computer's wifi card driver.
Ok, i will try. The fact that the problem is not only with the computer, but also on the tablet and a laptop and a phone, but if I bring home the equipment and connected via wifi to a home access point, then no such problems ...
I have a feeling that something with the card or the settings in the RB433

noib
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:32 am

Does it still happen when you shut down wlan1 (5Ghz) radio in the RB433 ?

RN3QTB
Topic Author

Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:43 am

Yesterday was in the village, here is a screenshot from the computer.
Tried disconnected first network card (wlan1) nothing happens, as was the pings, and left. In the settings of the computer are also checked, have you disabled saving energy in wi-fi card - everything is fine, disabled.
CCQ varies from 64% to 94%, although the computer and the access point is installed stationary and is not moved. The distance between them is 5 meters.

RN3QTB
Topic Author

Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:16 am

Mój sprzęt ma dostęp do sieci internet ze statycznym adresem ip i mogę zapewnić państwu dostęp do niej, ale niestety, prąd w miejscowości wyłączone, gdy mnie tam nie ma, to możemy uzgodnić czas i mogę przyjść i włączyć go, możliwe, że coś nie poprawnie skonfigurował... Jak wariant mogę zapłacić support.rif prawda nie wiem, czy można go otworzyć i czy są w nim informacje o jakości połączenia.
_________

My equipment has access to the Internet with a static ip address and I can provide you access to it, but unfortunately, electricity in the village off when I'm not there, so we can set up a time and I can come and turn it on, maybe I have something not properly configured... As an option I can put support.rif really don't know whether you will be able to open it and whether it is information about link quality

noib
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:47 pm

Have you done a spectral history to "see" your radio environment ?
Cut off all wlans in RB433
Open a terminal window, maximize it and execute /interface wireless spectral-history wlan2 for a minute or two
and post the screenshot here, along with the result of /interface wireless export command

RN3QTB
Topic Author

Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:39 pm

Open a terminal window, maximize it and execute /interface wireless spectral-history wlan2 for a minute or two
and post the screenshot here, along with the result of /interface wireless export command
[admin@RDRF] > /interface wireless spectral-history wlan2
failure: this device can not do spectral scan

[admin@RDRF] > /interface wireless export command
expected end of command (line 1 column 28)

registration tabl in Attachments

matiaszon

Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:28 pm

CCQ is too high. Try to reduce power (point on Poland as a region, if you are using external antennas put the dBi in the appropriate field too).

I speak Polish too.

noib
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:26 am

Are you sure wlan2 is your 2.4Ghz radio ?

When i said " /interface wireless export command" i meant
/interface wireless export

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RE: Re: large pings wifi 2.4 GHz

Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:14 pm

CCQ is too high. Try to reduce power (point on Poland as a region, if you are using external antennas put the dBi in the appropriate field too).

I speak Polish too.

Ccq is never too high. It is low! And signal level is also low. Try to catch better signal by realignment or moving antenna to better place where will be clean los and fresnel zone.

matiaszon

Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:34 pm

I speak Polish too.

Ccq is never too high. It is low! And signal level is also low. Try to catch better signal by realignment or moving antenna to better place where will be clean los and fresnel zone.
I was thinking low and wrote high.
I would decrease the power on antennas and if you are using external ones, I would match that dBi signal. I had the same situation. It is critical on short distances.

RN3QTB
Topic Author

Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:05 pm

When i said " /interface wireless export command" i meant
/interface wireless export
sorry for the long response, my cottage covered with snow in the winter and was not able to get there. Now it was warm again and ready to continue to deal with the problem.

[admin@village] > /interface wireless export
# apr/25/2017 23:00:44 by RouterOS 6.38.5
# software id = 5UEX-MSAK
#
/interface wireless
set [ find default-name=wlan1 ] antenna-gain=24 country=russia default-authentication=no disabled=no frequency=5200 mode=\
bridge nv2-preshared-key=6843096465 ssid=inet wds-default-bridge=bridge1 wds-mode=dynamic wireless-protocol=nv2
/interface wireless nstreme
set wlan1 enable-nstreme=yes framer-policy=dynamic-size
/interface wireless security-profiles
set [ find default=yes ] group-ciphers=tkip,aes-ccm supplicant-identity=MikroTik unicast-ciphers=tkip,aes-ccm \
wpa-pre-shared-key=6843096465 wpa2-pre-shared-key=6843096465
add authentication-types=wpa2-psk eap-methods="" mode=dynamic-keys name=profile1 static-algo-0=40bit-wep static-key-0=\
6843096465 supplicant-identity="" wpa-pre-shared-key=6843096465 wpa2-pre-shared-key=6843096465
add authentication-types=wpa-psk,wpa2-psk eap-methods="" name=profile2 supplicant-identity=""
/interface wireless
set [ find default-name=wlan2 ] antenna-gain=8 antenna-mode=ant-b band=2ghz-b/g bridge-mode=disabled country=russia \
disabled=no frequency=auto frequency-mode=regulatory-domain mode=ap-bridge security-profile=profile1 ssid=RDX \
tdma-period-size=auto wds-default-bridge=bridge1 wds-mode=dynamic wmm-support=enabled
/interface wireless nstreme
set wlan2 enable-polling=no
/interface wireless access-list
add interface=wlan1 mac-address=00:0C:42:5B:7A:C5 vlan-mode=no-tag