Community discussions

MikroTik App

Motorbreath
just joined
Topic Author

Poor speed two Grooves PTP

Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:28 pm

Hello, I have two Grooves, 3.5km apart, and everything was working perfectly until recently. I used to get about 80-90 Mbits on test, and now I get 30 Mbits, barely... tried changing channels, went through all of them, nothing helped. The signal is the same as it was, excellent, and all led lights are on, nothing was touched on the hardware, the cables have been replaced... I used to get full 60 Mbits from my ISP to the other location, now I only get 30...
I am thinking that maybe one of the Grooves has a hardware failure... I don't know if it was a reason for this problems, but I upgraded to the latest RC and noticed that, but maybe the problem was before, tried reverting to older ROS versions but the same problem continues...

Rates fluctuate and even go to 150Mbps-40MHz/1S/SG

Motorbreath
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Poor speed two Grooves PTP

Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:16 pm

On the Server side Groove TX CCQ is quite good but RX is pretty bad...

on the client side Groove TX CCQ is pretty bad and RX is pretty good...

How do I know which one is the problem?

Server side CCQ :

Client side TX CCQ, it even drops to about 10 sometimes:

haik01

Re: Poor speed two Grooves PTP

Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:32 am

Is it possible that you have interference? I mean not WiFi interference, but 2,4 GHz interference from different equipment, like wireless (non WiFi) camera's, babyphones, microwaves etc...

For that you will need a spectrum analyser to see, since they will not appear on the InSSIDer or any other WiFi analysing tools.