Community discussions

MikroTik App

sharkattack
just joined
Topic Author

Hotspot and smartphones (auto login)

Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:26 pm

Hello, I'm new here and I hope you understand my English. :)
My parents own a house with a few small and medium apartements. They rent these apartements for at least 6 months and the renter always asked for internet. So I did a research and found Mikrotik. I configured a RB750UP as a hotspot solution with logging the connections. I used tutorials and this forum here for help and now almost everything works great. I really love Mikrotik. :)
There's just one thing I want to improve. The renter always have to use a browser for login. On a notebook or PC thats ok, but on their smartphones they usually want to use whatsapp directly without using a browser first. Is there any possibility to make it more comfortable for them without loosing to much security? Maybe there is an app (android/ios) where you can put in the hotspot name, your username and password and it'll do an autologin if you're connected to the hotspots wlan?

Thanks in advance
Ben
Last edited by sharkattack on Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sharkattack
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Hotspot and smartphones (autologin)

Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:33 pm

It's me again. I just want to let you know, that I found a great app for android. It's called WiFi Web Login (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... nnew&hl=en) and it works great for me. I don't have any apple devices, so I don't know if there is a similar app for ios. If somebody knows a similar app for ios, I would be happy if he/she would let me know about it.
Does anybody know a program for windows for a hotspot auto login? Or did anybody already write a script for that? If not, is there an easy way to write a script by myself?

Thanks in advance
Ben

Delte
just joined

Re: Hotspot and smartphones (auto login)

Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:36 pm

Hello, I'm new here and I hope you understand my English. :)
My parents own a house with a few small and medium apartements. They rent these apartements for at least 6 months and the renter always asked for internet. So I did a research and found Mikrotik. I configured a RB750UP as a hotspot solution with logging the connections. I used tutorials and this forum here for help and now almost everything works great. I really love Mikrotik. :)
There's just one thing I want to improve. The renter always have to use a browser for login. On a notebook or PC thats ok, but on their smartphones they usually want to use whatsapp directly without using a browser first. Is there any possibility to make it more comfortable for them without loosing to much security? Maybe there is an app (android/ios) where you can put in the hotspot name, your username and password and it'll do an autologin if you're connected to the hotspots wlan?

Thanks in advance
Ben

Hi Ben,

You can simply use mikrotik's inbuilt function called "Ip binding".
You can add a mac wise binding or IP wise binding for users otherwise you can add your whole IP range in it.

I hope this will resolve your issue.