Community discussions

MikroTik App

david3urns
just joined
Topic Author

Wireless devices dropping

Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:55 pm

Hello everyone,
I'm new here, and relatively new to mikrotik products. I've had my router for about a month now. I've noticed something unusual. I have 4 wireless devices connected to the router (iphone 5s, kindle fire tablet, kindle fire stick, and a macbook pro). Of these devices, the iphone and kindle tablet are not maintaining a connection. normally I wouldn't give this much thought, but my cellular provider is awful in my area and I use voip through my iphone to send and receive calls. The period that the phone and tablet stay connected varies between a few minutes to maybe 30 minutes. I've left all settings on both devices as default, aside from selecting the security protocol and entering the password. I've adjusted the frequency and band, enabled and disabled the ACL (with all relevant devices added to the list) enabled and disabled the ARP, and adjusted a few other settings in the wireless menu, with nothing effecting this issue. I'll list all relevant information below, and please if there is anything I can provide to help troubleshoot this issue, let me know.

Router: Mikrotik routerboard 2011u series
webfig version 6.37.1
using quick set home AP (also left on WISP AP, as it defaults to, same issues)
Modem is an Arris DG 3270a
Firmware on both tablet and phone are updated

I'm at a loss right now, but if anyone has any experience with this issue or may have an idea, I'm all ears at this point.

Thank you for any assistance.