MikroTik App

josu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fasttrack in SXT point-to-point

Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:10 pm

Hello,

I have 2 SXT to join 2 LAN in "brigde" and "station brigde" configuration. I have bridged wlan1 and ether1 interfaces and have just one IP in each devices. In one of the AP I have Fasttrack activated (I don't remenber how I did it).

In IP -> Firewall section I have this different configuration:

side1:
/ip firewall filter export 
# jan/22/2017 21:10:39 by RouterOS 6.38.1
# software id = XXXX-XXXX
#
/ip firewall filter
add action=accept chain=input comment="defconf: accept ICMP" protocol=icmp
add action=accept chain=input comment="defconf: accept established,related" connection-state=established,related
# in/out-interface matcher not possible when interface (wlan1) is slave - use master instead (bridge1)
add action=drop chain=input comment="defconf: drop all from WAN" in-interface=wlan1
add action=fasttrack-connection chain=forward comment="defconf: fasttrack" connection-state=established,related
add action=accept chain=forward comment="defconf: accept established,related" connection-state=established,related
add action=drop chain=forward comment="defconf: drop invalid" connection-state=invalid
# in/out-interface matcher not possible when interface (wlan1) is slave - use master instead (bridge1)
add action=drop chain=forward comment="defconf:  drop all from WAN not DSTNATed" connection-nat-state=!dstnat connection-state=new \
    in-interface=wlan1
side2:
/ip firewall filter export 
# jan/22/2017 21:05:57 by RouterOS 6.38.1
# software id = XXXX-XXXX
#
/ip firewall filter
add action=accept chain=input comment="default configuration" protocol=icmp
add action=accept chain=input comment="default configuration" connection-state=established
add action=accept chain=input comment="default configuration" connection-state=related
add action=drop chain=input comment="default configuration" in-interface=wlan1
This configuration is working for me, but I don't know if it optimal for the link. Could I delete Fasttrack?

I will really appreciate your help.

Kind regards.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Fasttrack in SXT point-to-point

Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:16 am

When you operate the SXT in bridge mode and you have not enabled IP firewall on the bridge there
is very little the ip firewall is doing and it does not matter if fasttrack is on or off.
You can disable it in IP->Settings.

josu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:45 pm

When you operate the SXT in bridge mode and you have not enabled IP firewall on the bridge there
is very little the ip firewall is doing and it does not matter if fasttrack is on or off.
You can disable it in IP->Settings.
Thanks!

I have activaed the IP firewall in the bridge because I need to mark some packets for QoS. In this scenario, could I disable Fasttrack?

Kind regards.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:12 pm

In that case you NEED to disable Fasttrack!

josu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:55 pm

In that case you NEED to disable Fasttrack!
OK.

I go to IP -> Settings, and I can not disable Fasttrack, it is in grey color.

How could I disable it?

Best regards.

josu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:54 am

Hello,

I disabled the fasttrack, the problema is that firewall filter and mangle rules are still there. Is there any way to delete?

Kind regards.