MikroTik App

jerryroy1
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

wAP AC

Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:10 pm

All,

I have a bunch of wAP AC units. I configured one manually with all parameters required for the location I am deploying. I have 2 questions:

1) I have backed up the config (In Winbox -> "files, backup") that I want installed on all wAP AC units. I just make slight changes to the config. I drag and drop to desktop. I then drag to a factory defaulted wAP AC unit but the parameters within my file never get applied. Both have same version of firmware. What am I doing wrong? This has always worked with RB750G and hEX.

2) In a deployment scenario where we have three of the units, I will use both the 2.4 and the 5 ghz radios in a very large church, would you recommend setting the ssid's on all three units to be the same? Do the units support roaming?

Thanks for your In-site :)

grusu
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: wAP AC

Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:44 pm

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Co ... Management

"The configuration backup can be used for backing up MikroTik RouterOS configuration to a binary file, which can be stored on the router or downloaded from it using FTP for future use. The configuration restore can be used for restoring the router's configuration, exactly as it was at the backup creation moment, from a backup file. The restoration procedure assumes the cofiguration is restored on the same router, where the backup file was originally created, so it will create partially broken configuration if the hardware has been changed.

The configuration export can be used for dumping out complete or partial MikroTik RouterOS configuration to the console screen or to a text (script) file, which can be downloaded from the router using FTP protocol. The configuration dumped is actually a batch of commands that add (without removing the existing configuration) the selected configuration to a router. The configuration import facility executes a batch of console commands from a script file."