Community discussions

MikroTik App

kenknight
just joined
Topic Author

SXT to CCR port flapping

Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:29 pm

Hi all,

I have 2 RBSXT5nDr2 about 300 meters apart. The one at the house is plugged into port 1 (ether1-gateway) of a Mikrotik CRS125-24G-1S-2HnD-IN. The link keeps going up and down every minute or 2. Only blips, lasts less than a second.

The signal is fantastic... in fact it may be too fantastic. The link rate is saying 300Mbps and I'm seeing about 235 Mbps (udp) & 109 Mbps tcp (consistent throughput). The SNR is 62db and the Tx/Rx signal strength is -47/-47. During my BWTesting I was seeing zero packet loss on both TCP and UDP (for the UDP I normally see a little). Also running NV2 as the protocol.

So my question is, what might be causing this? I've switch out the ends on the cable and tested and it tests out fine and I've switch PoE adapters and power supplies to be sure.

Is it possible RF interference?
If so, whats the best course of action?
Should I reduce the power and if so, whats the best way (I'm reading you set to 'regulatory domain' and increase the gain ... is that right) ?

Also worth mentioning I have the SXT A/C model on another port on this same CRS125 and it is working perfectly.

Thanks,
Ken

arturportella

Re: SXT to CCR port flapping

Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:07 pm

Try two things: Add a dumb switch in the middle of the path (between SXT and CCR). See if the problem solves. Also check for errors at interfaces (CRS, FCS, etc) on both equipments. And the least but not less important, if the problem persists, try enabling flow control on both equipments.

Good luck!

Regards,

kenknight
just joined
Topic Author

Re: SXT to CCR port flapping

Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:21 am

thank you for the suggestions. I didn't have a dumb switch to put into play, however, I did have a new PoE injector that came with some ubiquity AP's I bought, so I used one of those and voila! it fixed the problem. I verified with my relatives that they weren't experiencing any more issues and they said it has been working like a champ.

So in the end it was apparently the PoE injector. Since the setup I have there has 2 SXT's on it, I switched the Power Supplies between the 2 injectors and the problem persisted.

Again, thanks for the hints.

Cheers!
ken