Community discussions

MikroTik App

wawinfo
just joined
Topic Author

Basic config for PTP link using 2 SXT lite5 ac

Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:05 am

Hi. Can anyone explain basic config for SXT lite5 ac for PTP link. It has 2 Wlan interface. Should I set both as bridge in one side and both as station bridge in another side? When doing this it just has tx rx transmission on 2.4ghz interface and I think it's not ok. And for bridging interface should I add all wlan and lan to the same bridge?

فرستاده شده از FRD-L09ِ من با Tapatalk

dravnieks

Re: Basic config for PTP link using 2 SXT lite5 ac

Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:14 pm

To make transparent link, bridge together ether1 and wlan2 on both sides, on AP side set mode bridge, on remote side mode to station-bridge. disable wlan1, if you will bridge all together, you will be just creating loop. keep in mind, if you will use station mode on remote side, when ether1 and wlan2 is bridged, you will loose access to unit while it will be connected to AP. Before choosing frequency use scan on both sides, and also frequency usage. if it ever possyble pick chanell where is atleast 20mhz free space before and after. If spectrum is crowded, 20mhz channel might perfom better than 80mhz

wawinfo
just joined
Topic Author

Re: RE: Re: Basic config for PTP link using 2 SXT lite5 ac

Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:21 am

To make transparent link, bridge together ether1 and wlan2 on both sides, on AP side set mode bridge, on remote side mode to station-bridge. disable wlan1, if you will bridge all together, you will be just creating loop. keep in mind, if you will use station mode on remote side, when ether1 and wlan2 is bridged, you will loose access to unit while it will be connected to AP. Before choosing frequency use scan on both sides, and also frequency usage. if it ever possyble pick chanell where is atleast 20mhz free space before and after. If spectrum is crowded, 20mhz channel might perfom better than 80mhz
Tanx for answer.
1. And what is usage of wlan1?
2. How to use station mode in devices that support it? How should be the bridge?
3. When assign IP address should I set it to bridge or wlan or lan and what is difference?

فرستاده شده از FRD-L09ِ من با Tapatalk