Community discussions

MikroTik App

MircoADM
just joined
Topic Author

Audience "wifi3" goes in a unwanted state | UPDATE2 2/20/24 | possible solution downgrade to 7.13.2  [SOLVED]

Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:44 pm

Update 2:

Now working workaround(time range 2 days):
Downgrade to ROS to 7.13.2.
2 radar events are registered and "wifi3" come up again on another frequency.

After 1 or 2 weeks I'll  set it to "resolved" 
Update 1:

It is not necessary to restart the device, it is sufficient to deactivate the interface "wifi3" and then activate it again.
After disable / enable and the CAC-test(1min), will be running again until a radar event comes.
does anyone know a solution?

I think I'll solve it using a script as a workaround. 
After a while, if no frequency is specified in the status, restart the interface

Hello

my Audience become after a while running to a "unwanted state" with interface "wifi3".

"wifi3" is not correct working after a while.
At a power down / startup the system all 3 interfaces works well.
After some hours normal working of all 3 interfaces, "wifi3" will become a non-working state.

On winbox shows "wifi3" the state "running" but no frequency show in the channel tab.
While normal operation a value about 5500 mhz is shown.

TX-Power show a value of 31,a very high value, but the interface is not working.
In normal operating a value of 25 is shown.

"wifi1" and "wifi2" are working normal over all time.

The "unwanted state" comes after a "radar" event is shown.

In the eventlog shows that: "wifi3: radar detected on 5560/ac/eeeC"
after that event the interface "wifi3" will never come up again until a reboot or power down / up.
DFS skipped only the 10min CAC. The 1 min detection will be run normal at power up the first time.

The regularly, country(germany) and installation(indoor) is set correctly.
Firmware is 7.13.4
WW2 Driver used
The settings for "wifi3":
set [ find default-name=wifi3 ] channel.skip-dfs-channels=10min-cac .width=20/40/80mhz configuration=cfg1-IoT configuration.country=Germany .mode=ap disabled=no security=sec1-IoT

Greets

MircoADM
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Audience "wifi3" goes in a unwanted state | UPDATE2 2/20/24 | possible solution downgrade to 7.13.2

Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:16 pm

Hello,

after a week, the problem comes back, better it's never gone, a radar-event is detected and interface "wifi3" goes down for ever until reboot or disable / enable cycle.
:(
It shows state "running" no frequency is shown and tx power shows 31.
But there is no operation, no SSIDs are found from this interface.

It seems like a bug while handling the "radar" events. Rollback to ROS 6 is no option, because i use "wireguard".
I think the best option is a workaround script or disable "wifi3" and use only "wifi1" and "wifi2".
And hope for fixing the firmware from MT.

Greets

infabo
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Audience "wifi3" goes in a unwanted state | UPDATE2 2/20/24 | possible solution downgrade to 7.13.2

Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:37 pm

please file a bug report. I've read this "radar event wifi iFace down forever" reports already several times here in the forum recently. MT needs to know officially about it.

robmaltsystems
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Feb 28, 2024 11:45 pm

Yes, please file an official report. I've documented what is effectively the same problem here:

viewtopic.php?t=203251

I really do believe the logic is flawed here. As you've observed, if you specify a single frequency against an interface (e.g. 5500) and a radar event occurs, the interface stops working. BTW - you don't need to reboot - disable/enable the interface works.

I've documented a suggest for how I kind of expect it to work. If a single frequency or list of frequencies is specified, it should work through them in order and select the first assuming CAC doesn't fail. If it works through them and all fail (radar), then it should switch to "auto" scan. If a subsequent radar event occurs, it should try the next in the list. If it runs through the list and they all fail, switch to auto. But in both cases, it should try again from the start after 30 minutes cool off.

I want my home ac2 to use 5500 as that's got the highest power in the UK. If it gets knocked off due to radar, then switch to another channel but after 30 minutes, scan again.

I've currently got a workaround - every hour a script checks it's on channel 5500 and if not, it disables and re-enables the interface. This causes the process to start again. Sure, it can cause a break in Wi-Fi for a minutes - devices typically fall back to 2.4GHz for a while.