Community discussions

MikroTik App

guibzh
just joined
Topic Author

Low signal problem RB433 + Compex WLM54G23

Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:48 am

Hi everyone,
I'm using a RB433 coupled with a compex WLM54G23 and a 5dBi omnidirectional antenna for a hotspot solution for 6 months without any problem.
Yesterday people was complaining that the signal was very low (25% at 1 meter from the antenna).
Nobody changed anything to the configuration so I decided to make a hardware diagnostic.
I started by changing the antenna for a 12dBi omnidirectional antenna. Nothing changed.
Then I opened the box and switched the ufl connector to the aux antenna and changed the antenna mode in RouterOS, nothing better.
I also tested the pigtail UFL<-->N cable with a multimeter and it seems to be fine.
Finally I decided to reset the configuration. It didn't resolve my issue.
Don't know what to do next.
Is anyone got an idea?
My hardware is still under warranty.

[Update] I also tried to put the card in another mini-pci port without any success.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Low signal problem RB433 + Compex WLM54G23

Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:42 am

the signal could become very weak after a thunderstorm, which has damaged the wireless card. try another card

guibzh
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:01 pm

Thanks for your answer.
Actually this device is indoor and is behind high and low voltage protection device.
And the point is that I'm living in north of quebec and indeed we have a lot of snow but it has been a while since i saw a thunderstorm.
Is there a way to test my compex card as for the R52 (http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/R52_diagnose)?

guibzh
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:54 pm

Well, I decided to order a new mini-pci radio card.
I hope it will work.
Thanks anyway for your reply.

jsuter
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:38 pm

Well, I decided to order a new mini-pci radio card.
I hope it will work.
Thanks anyway for your reply.
Compex got the antenna connectors backwards on the cards. The 'main' connector has the best performance, but you will need to select antenna B in the software to make it work.

lahoras

Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:43 am

This is better joke that I have suffered, but works well, :lol: , don't try logic, main is not A antenna!!!!, main may be B or AUX.

thanks Jsuter, you avoided me the madness!

ARIEL

swera
just joined

Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:04 am

Since it's apparent that MikroTik has been working on this for some time and it was demonstrated previously, I'd like to as a few technical questions instead of a "when" question.

First and foremost, does MikroTik have plans to release their own miniPCI card for 802.11n around the same time as the RouterOS support becomes available? Secondly, I've seen mixed reviews as to the benefits for outdoor use, some people say it won't perform any better at long ranges and others argue that it will. In the development of the support for the hardware, what has MikroTik experienced as far as long range performance with 802.11n?

Thanks