Community discussions

MikroTik App

kurd
just joined
Topic Author

windows vista with mikrotik

Fri May 08, 2009 1:25 pm

Hello.
I have a big wirless network,I use mikrotik routers ,my client using cards to get my services,
I have problem with windows vista ,that any client they are use windows service can NOT get ip add address ,acually any clints that uses windwos xp they dont have this problem,
my client get ip automaticaly,i have setup hotspot server use RB1000,so any one can tell me what is problem with windows vista..
thanks

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: windows vista with mikrotik

Fri May 08, 2009 1:33 pm

that's a known Vista bug. Usually it's solved by reboot of the Vista PC or, disable/enable the interface. This is usually caused by sudden disappearance of the DHCP server (like network problem) and the Vista PC then refuses to renew the IP address no matter what. It stays in some "non working" state even after all is fine again. Microsoft claims it's because some different way it handles DHCP announcements now, and suggest changes in the Registry, which is not serious at all.

We could work on a workaround, but it's not done yet.

I think many router vendors face the same issue.

kurd
just joined
Topic Author

Fri May 08, 2009 4:18 pm

[quote="normis"]that's a known Vista bug. Usually it's solved by reboot of the Vista PC or, disable/enable the interface. This is usually caused by sudden disappearance of the DHCP server (like network problem) and the Vista PC then refuses to renew the IP address no matter what. It stays in some "non working" state even after all is fine again. Microsoft claims it's because some different way it handles DHCP announcements now, and suggest changes in the Registry, which is not serious at all.

I think many router vendors face the same issue.[/quotv

very thanks for you..is any new about this issus pls let me know ,

kurd
just joined
Topic Author

Sat May 09, 2009 11:45 pm

Any update with windows vista problem with mikrotik??

that's a known Vista bug. Usually it's solved by reboot of the Vista PC or, disable/enable the interface. This is usually caused by sudden disappearance of the DHCP server (like network problem) and the Vista PC then refuses to renew the IP address no matter what. It stays in some "non working" state even after all is fine again. Microsoft claims it's because some different way it handles DHCP announcements now, and suggest changes in the Registry, which is not serious at all.

I think many router vendors face the same issue.[/quotv

very thanks for you..is any new about this issus pls let me know ,

iwantlemonjuice
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon May 11, 2009 11:22 am

i had same problem before vista and linux user connected but cant browse

my config before i block 41000 to 61000 ports due of peer to peer traffic and im just thinking i try to unblock this port and suddenly vista and linux users works very very fine, now my question is this port related to this to this issue??? its strange huh!?

my english is bad :(