Solving 20km wireless link issues
Wireless networks

120 posts   •   Page 3 of 3   •   1, 2, 3
opalit
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Solving 20km wireless link issues

by opalit » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:28 am

This is something I am getting over my 6k and 1k links, it has been happening for about 5 weeks, always between 4:30 and 8:30 PM GMT, the spectrum anylyser shows interference across every single channel of the 5Ghz range, it is across the whole range and lasting about 5 mins max, it knocks out all the bridge links but not the AP's, except I am using Ubiquiti, that is why I have just purchased the Sextant radios to see if they are working any better.

Could it be the solar flares.

shadowskippie
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

by shadowskippie » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:18 am

at a regular time and daily?

I have never known the sun to be that specific with it schedules.
Anyways, it may be something else, but i doubt it is the sun.

One question though, I'd like to know if those sextants work better then the UBNTs, i'm trying to get my boss to use the Mtik equipment over the UBNT equipment for transparent links

esfahanweb
just joined

by esfahanweb » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:48 pm

it's clear that sextants work better then the UBNT

Basiley
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

by Basiley » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:17 pm

maybe something industrial/military ?
or commercial stuff improperly installed ?
If you had spectrum analyzer, GNURadio, WinRadio with this band module and etc - you can actually get some details.
but generally only feds had hardware and experience to locate this both in time, frequency and location.
maybe worth contacting your region communications suprevisors/inspectors.
generally NOBODY should shouting with SUCH transmission power on ISM bands. ever !![in civilian time]
talking about YOU case - such bands and such outputs - usual[similar] to radio-relay stations and [Especially!]for tropo-scatters. some mobile Tropo stations [usually military/gov't]use, despite small size - output measured in KW and even MW !! [but more densely occupied tropo was in K-Band]. Radars can do too, but they working on persistent basis, except some space-sensing and other specific, so wouldn't be related to timed/sheduled issues/troubles.

p..s
remind me one story when overloaded cell station with improperly installed[broken] bandpass filter severely cripple other stations nearby and even wi-fi in proximity.

CyB3RMX
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

by CyB3RMX » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:31 am

shadowskippie wrote:at a regular time and daily?

I have never known the sun to be that specific with it schedules.
Anyways, it may be something else, but i doubt it is the sun.

One question though, I'd like to know if those sextants work better then the UBNTs, i'm trying to get my boss to use the Mtik equipment over the UBNT equipment for transparent links

Im running Ubiquiti 90 degree 5GHz sectors 19dbi with 711GA-5HnD as an AP, and have hooked around 30 sextants and 15 SXT 5HnD and the farest SExtant its at 13.2 km from the ap and have a -72dBm and a 14mbps throghput. They work like charm with nv2 and dual chain enabled.
Attachments
sextant.PNG
This is the actual rate and signal of a sextant at 13.2 from the ap (ap uses a 19dbi sector antenna)
sextant.PNG (930 Bytes) Viewed 4896 times
Trying to route the world...
Certified: MTCNA - MTCWE
Please give some KARMA if you think i helped you.

CyB3RMX
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

by CyB3RMX » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:34 am

Basiley wrote:maybe something industrial/military ?
or commercial stuff improperly installed ?
If you had spectrum analyzer, GNURadio, WinRadio with this band module and etc - you can actually get some details.
but generally only feds had hardware and experience to locate this both in time, frequency and location.
maybe worth contacting your region communications suprevisors/inspectors.
generally NOBODY should shouting with SUCH transmission power on ISM bands. ever !![in civilian time]
talking about YOU case - such bands and such outputs - usual[similar] to radio-relay stations and [Especially!]for tropo-scatters. some mobile Tropo stations [usually military/gov't]use, despite small size - output measured in KW and even MW !! [but more densely occupied tropo was in K-Band]. Radars can do too, but they working on persistent basis, except some space-sensing and other specific, so wouldn't be related to timed/sheduled issues/troubles.

p..s
remind me one story when overloaded cell station with improperly installed[broken] bandpass filter severely cripple other stations nearby and even wi-fi in proximity.

You are replying to someone?... i get lost with your reply.

regards.

Degun
just joined

by Degun » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:32 pm

Hi sir. I don't think i am suppose to say this but i am just sharing my knowledge out. may be it might help. Well i am a guy who is mostly with the surfboard but i have learned that the more distance a connection has from the centre of the company or i guess its called the portal, the less the speed you get. Even i have experienced it out. Just saying. Might something be like that.

Cal
just joined

by Cal » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:17 am

Last edited by Cal on Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

filipearaujo
just joined

by filipearaujo » Sat May 04, 2013 10:02 pm

never will work u need put more high the antenna is ground on the moutain fresnel

Marconet
just joined

by Marconet » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:24 pm

In my years of experience I came through a very strange distortion unit An old tv. maybe in this small community someone has it ; this is not the answer but it might be try to elevate your antenna el little bit more

shayanjameel08
just joined

by shayanjameel08 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:13 am

, i did test that just now. changed the settings....

EMS3702
just joined

by EMS3702 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:37 pm

I completely agree with Steve Loomis, you have ignored what RadioMobile is telling you about the path; that it is impeded in the first and second fresnel and I could not tell for sure but may be more than that. Increase your height, clear at least your second fresnel and I would be dollars to doughnuts you will see your 20db.
Rory Bowers
FCC GROL
Harris - Farnon certified microwave Field Eng.
(and Poway H.S. Grad!)
Fort Smith, Ark.
Rory Bowers
FCC GROL
Harris/Farinon Cert. Field Eng.
Motorola Canopy Cert.

xiaoman
just joined

by xiaoman » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:55 am

I'm shooting thru a high voltage powerline about 0.5 miles away, is it possible thats affecting it? Maybe the power on that line was turned off that time it got better? I wouldn't think so, but just a long shot.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

by WirelessRudy » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:58 pm

xiaoman wrote:I'm shooting thru a high voltage powerline about 0.5 miles away, is it possible thats affecting it? Maybe the power on that line was turned off that time it got better? I wouldn't think so, but just a long shot.
I'v links running straight through low, medium and high voltage power lines. Some at distance, some relative close (<500mtr) and I have so far never noticed any disruption because of these.
The towers on the other hand, usually metal, can be a problem, specially when relative close (reflection of signals). So stay away from these...
Show your appreciation of this post by giving me Karma! Thanks.

Rudy R. Puister

WISP operator based on MT routerboard & ROS.

CyB3RMX
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

by CyB3RMX » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:06 pm

I don't think this has something to do with the distance. Signal should be around -51dBm with 28dBi antenna and 28dBm XR5 Transmitter.

I think the problem it's that the Fresnel zone isn't clear enough and you are having a knife effect just like mramos clearly said.

I think will help to put both antennas a little higher to clear the Fresnel zone completely.

Good day!
JB

elinstech007
just joined

by elinstech007 » Wed May 21, 2014 6:54 am

You need some AP, high gain atenna!

nhathaitrieu6
just joined

by nhathaitrieu6 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:43 am

nope, the guy said he had 3. they were listed as satellite dishes, in the wrong category. he didn't know they were $280+ new :) these 3 were all new. cost me $300 total with shipping for 3 of them, yeee haw. The surplus seller said he got them from a lost shipping palette, so someone here is probably missing them : )
Patek Philippe Ref. 5271P mua đồng hồ casio chính hãng ở đâu là phiên bản trang sức cao cấp của Ref. 5270 và một số màu đen trổi

stratonetworks
just joined

by stratonetworks » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:58 pm

At the begining of this post, for me is clear that height of warehousse's roof antenna is too low. The relfexion induced by metals warehouse's roofs is a nightmare for me on most situasions that I experienced.

For example, lift two meters the pole is enough for gain signa quality. The same occurs if you carry the pole at the edge of warehouse. This is even enough fresnel zone.

Also, I see on some photos that AC machines are on LOS and near of antenna, bad escenario too.
··············································
www.stratonetworks.com
Wireless and Mikrotik Enginers

samonia
just joined

by samonia » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:53 pm

GREAT posting. Lots of clear data, good descriptions, graphs -- I wish everyone posted like that. Very professional.

johnniewalk
just joined

by johnniewalk » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:06 am

Thanks for the information you provided, I think it will work..

Previous
120 posts   •   Page 3 of 3   •   1, 2, 3