Community discussions

MikroTik App

jefflee
just joined
Topic Author

base station reboots frequently

Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:58 pm

I have a base station using 2 433ah radio's with r52-350 and a r52 routerboard cards.
the router reboots quite often. I think it is in relation to one of my customers IP address.
In the event I block this customer, the basestation reboots stop. Also note, that the base station and the customers radio (both Mikrotik's) reboot at the same time. all the other customers associated with the basestations do not reboot, only the single customer and the base station reboot. this can be seen by [system][routerboard][uptime]. also note that there are elements with in the ethernet sniff that makes me think that it may be due to bearshare being part of the problem. I have replaced all of the equipment at the base station and I am sure it is not the equipment. I believe the reboots are due to this specific customer. the reboots start out slow, then start happening more frequently (as fast as every minute). as soon as I disable this person through access list, the system quits rebooting. I have ethereal scans captured from the base station during the reboot. any help would be appreciated. I can send these scans if needed.

JorgeAmaral
Trainer
Trainer

Re: base station reboots frequently

Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:15 am

Hi,
I had a problem similar to yours, and the way i solved was to add the hotspot mac to the arp list of the access point and then change the arp on the bridge of the access point to reply-only.
Now its working well.

Kindly regards,

Jorge

jefflee
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:17 pm

I am not running a hotspot for internet access. I am running internet to customer ap's from a base station 7km-15km using nstreme on the backhaul and 2.4ghz-b/g on basestation. all addresses are statically assigned. rstp on the basestation bridge is also activated. I think the problem is with a bearshare application from this customer. I say this because everytime the basestation reboots this application has always been running. as soon as the customer is blocked the station stops rebooting. this customer is also the only one that has rebooted with the base station, all others just re-associate after base station is rebooted. I have this customer on a Qtree in which I am setting limits of gnutella.P2P_in. so as not to saturate the network. would the wrong config. on this router cause the base station to reboot erratically.

vette83
just joined

Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:43 am

how did you block him ?

jefflee
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:39 pm

in the access list I unchecked the box for authentication under access rule for the client.