Community discussions

MikroTik App

nenapop
just joined
Topic Author

Hotspot with 3 interfaces (Wireless Cards)

Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:57 am

Helo all

Is there a way to configure a mikrotik router to work like a hotspot on multiple interfaces (in these case 3 wireless cards)? I have a RB430 Mipsbe routerboard with a newer software version 4.15. If someone has a good will to help me, please respond to this topic.

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Hotspot with 3 interfaces (Wireless Cards)

Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:18 am

You can set up multiple Hotspot instances, and they can be tied to different interfaces. This works out of the box. Just try it out.

nenapop
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:17 am

can you explain it little bit better? how should i do it?

See my configuration:

Through ethernet3 is WAN, and i would like to share the internet over the hotspot on the wlan1, wlan2 and wlan3. also to have internet but without hotspot over the ether1. HOW?

SurferTim
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:07 pm

Run this three times, each time use a different hotspot interface.
/ip hotspot setup
When the setup prompts for a hotspot interface, enter wlan1 the first run, wlan2 the second, and...

Or you can bridge the interfaces and setup a single hotspot on the bridge.

nenapop
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:39 pm

i have tried to bridge all wireless interfaces, and to build a hotspot on bridge as an new interface, but did n`t work. Can someone put a totally explain that bridge way by putting the all explanation, step by step how to build it. I will appreciate the good will. I am tired to put a separate ip address for each client, and i want to change something on my network. Thank ya all!!!

fewi
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:30 pm

0. Remove all configuration from the interfaces you want to bridge. When in doubt reset to factory defaults.
1. Create new bridge.
2. Add all the interfaces you want in the bridge to that bridge you just created.
3. Run Hotspot wizard, when asked for the interface choose the bridge interface.

That's it.

nenapop
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:50 pm

Cannot figure it down. I have did like you said to me but it doesn't work. Can you post the total description Please........!!!! i am desperate.

jtroybailey
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:57 pm

that was a pretty good description of how to do it. we need more information to see what is happening. to start with maybe post the results of /ip address print and /ip firewall export and a diagram explaining how you want the network to work.

Jeka
just joined

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:25 pm

Hi All,

I have similar problem , I'll try to describe:
- I have RB433 with 3 Atheros 11 N cards 1st & 2nd cards connected to directed antennas & 3rd card connected to circle antenna. When I adding wlan1,2,3 to bridge with ethernet I see that all interfaces in inactive state . I tried different setups, different frequencies/same ssid tree bridge ports in disabled state (WDS mode dynamic) . I tried same frequency/same ssid WDS dynamic (all cards works) but there very poor performance . Please advise me how to configure 3 cards in brige mode .