Community discussions

MikroTik App

marciol
just joined
Topic Author

Problem with Access Point RB112 (I can't connect to it)

Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:25 pm

Hello

I have got link between two point in 5GHz on RB 122. From this MT ethernet goes to switch (by PoE) and goes to my clients. This works fine. Few days ago I added a wireless card. I wanted to make AP in 2,4GHz technology for my new clients.

And now here is the problem. When i try connect to the AP my laptop doesn't get IP address. In the same time my friend will connect to the switch and it's everything ok there. Here is a little schema how it should be made:

.............................................ethernet to switch (bo PoE) for cable clients
......................................../
MT(5GHz) ---> MT (5GHz RB112)
.......................................\
.............................................second card with AP in 2,4GHz technology

I tried with my authentication and with default authentication.
I tried to set my IP by hand (10.0.0.100, and IP that I should get from my DHCP server) and then I tried to send ping to the gateway but it still doesn't work and ping was timeout.

My DHCP server is not on mikrotik. It's on Linux server. Authentication in my network is by MAC. MAC of my laptop is added on the server, MAC of rb112 and his cards is also added on server

I tried with new MT, with new cards, with new cable and new antenna. It didn't help

Software of MT with AP is 3.0beta5

here are screenshot with my main configuration
First MT (5GHz RB433)

Second MT (5GHz RB112 with AP 2,4GHz)

Other configuration

Logs from AP:

I can't give you logs from server because I'm not his administrator. I also don't know what "received deauth" means ? I've searched for this on this forum, mail, MT wiki and I didn't find anything about it.

youzersif
just joined

Re: Problem with Access Point RB112 (I can't connect to it)

Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:21 pm

i need you help Sir

plisken
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Problem with Access Point RB112 (I can't connect to it)

Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:39 pm

Have you bridged the wireless card with interface thats run the DHCP-server?