Community discussions

MikroTik App

stivdahdah
just joined
Topic Author

how to connect a x86 mikrotik case to a routerboard

Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:44 pm

hello i have a question : i want to make this configuration but i don't know what configuration should i use (bridge,ap bridge..)

i have configured a case mikrotik x86 as a hot spot under the name of main station
and it working good in lan
but i need to connect this to a routerboard 433 so i can transmit wifi...
how i can connect the main station to the routerboard through Ethernet and transmit internet through a sector
what configuration should i use
plz help me

rickfrey
Trainer
Trainer

Re: how to connect a x86 mikrotik case to a routerboard

Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:58 pm

Here is a simple setup:

In the wireless router bridge the WLAN interface with the ethernet interface which is plugged into the main router. In Winbox (connect via the MAC address will creating the bridge):
> Click on the Bridge button and then the plus sign (a new window will pop-up), click ok and then click on the Ports tab. Click on the plus sign and add the WLAN interface (everything besides the interface remains at the default value), then click ok. Add the ethernet interface by clicking on the plus sign again and click ok.

Set an IP address on the bridge:
> Click on IP and then Addresses. Add the address of x.x.x.x/24 interface=bridge1
Set the Gateway
> Click on IP and then Routes. Click on the plus sign and type in the address of the main router in the "Gateway" field (Everything else remains the same.)

All that will be left is setting up the wireless interface, but I'n not sure what you needs are there. The Wiki has some examples and you can also check out some of the examples at http://www.titansvcgroup.com/free_scripts.htm.