Community discussions

MikroTik App

karina
Topic Author

NV2 On UBNT a begging letter

Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:55 pm

I know this is a hot topic but i need to have my say.
I , like many other wisps have gone down the route of MK for the routing and APs and UBNT kit for client end. Why? simple answer is cost. Untill the advent of the SXT there was no cost effective MK CPE's on the market. This was the only way we could enter a highly competetive market. Without this combination many of us would not exist. 3 years down the line I now have in access of 3000 UBNT CPE's out in the field. Now MK give us NV2 which is like a gift from above, say goodbye to hidden node, torrent seeders killing AP's low max clients on AP's etc etc. Problem!! UBNT and MK will not share each others protocols. So any new wisp will now have big advantage and wipe us out if we dont do something. The only answer to compete is to change out the MK AP's for UBNT and implement their TDMA protocol. Please please please MK help us loyal MK router lovers. I love Mikrotik and promise never never never ever to buy another UBNT CPE, just let me connect my exsisting ones to your wonderful Routers using NV2.

ericsooter
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: NV2 On UBNT a begging letter

Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:06 am

Unfortunately, I think the reason is that Airmax and NV2 are called proprietary protocols.