Community discussions

MikroTik App

ke6hpz
Topic Author

After upgrade from os 4.17 to os 5.14 major interferance

Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:53 am

Hi, have several links that are running on RB-433AH one, on 5220 MHz with UBNT XR-5 (Atheros AR5413) card and other RB-433AH on 5805 with a UBNT SR-71 card (Atheros 11N), that coexisted on this tower, for a year now with no interfere. They were both running OS 4.17. I upgraded them to 5.14 and I can't keep them from interfering with each other. I have moved the frequencies all over, turned on Nstream, turned off Nstream, turned on NV2, Turned off NV2. I have been messing with this site and a few others that I upgraded for weeks. I have experimented with every setting I can think of on the wireless side, and I can not get these radios to coexist. The ccq will be up in the 90%, the signals are good ( -60). I watch the P-thru going all over the place. It sometimes gets very bad and keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. I don't see lost of pings across the links, unless it the link just drops. I see latency going all over the place. I turn off one of the radios, and the other link works perfect. I turn that link off, and turn the other link back on, and it works perfect. What has been done differently between 4.17 and 5.14? Anyone else have run across this? Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

ke6hpz

0ldman
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: After upgrade from os 4.17 to os 5.14 major interferance

Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:31 am

5.11 seems to work a bit better than 5.14, but I haven't gone very far with 5.14.

I have one AP running 4.17, upgraded to 5.6 or so, never did as well, went back to 4.17 and haven't had any issues. I've been thinking about trying 5.11 or 5.14 to see how it does.

rmichael
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: After upgrade from os 4.17 to os 5.14 major interferance

Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:20 pm

Hi, have several links that are running on RB-433AH one, on 5220 MHz with UBNT XR-5 (Atheros AR5413) card and other RB-433AH on 5805 with a UBNT SR-71 card (Atheros 11N), that coexisted on this tower, for a year now with no interfere. They were both running OS 4.17. I upgraded them to 5.14 and I can't keep them from interfering with each other. I have moved the frequencies all over, turned on Nstream, turned off Nstream, turned on NV2, Turned off NV2. I have been messing with this site and a few others that I upgraded for weeks. I have experimented with every setting I can think of on the wireless side, and I can not get these radios to coexist. The ccq will be up in the 90%, the signals are good ( -60). I watch the P-thru going all over the place. It sometimes gets very bad and keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. I don't see lost of pings across the links, unless it the link just drops. I see latency going all over the place. I turn off one of the radios, and the other link works perfect. I turn that link off, and turn the other link back on, and it works perfect. What has been done differently between 4.17 and 5.14? Anyone else have run across this? Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

ke6hpz
Did you try nstreme with CSMA off? Also, as it was suggested, try lower version -5.9 works best for me (I did not try 5.11).