Community discussions

MikroTik App

opalit
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Connecting SXT to Ubiquiti AP

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:38 pm

I have connected a MikroTik SXT 5Hd to a Ubiquiti Bullet AP ( Configured in Bridge Mode ) fine, however I can only make it pass data through if it is configured as a station with the NAT routing setup and DHCP enabled.

I want it as a bridge so the customers router or Laptop can use PPPoE login to the network, the PPPoE Server is on the MikroTik 1100 which is the main router out to the Internet.

Whilst it will connect to the Ubiquiti Bullet when a bridge is configured it will not pass internet data over the link and you can not ping the gateway, it will however pass the IP address through to a router or laptop that is connected from the Network's DHCP server.

I created a bridge in the same way you create a bridge when conecting it to another MiKroTik SXT

Any idea's how I can get this working.

0ldman
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Connecting SXT to Ubiquiti AP

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:48 pm

I haven't tried it with MT client and UBNT AP, but with the reverse WDS is required.

opalit
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:06 pm

Solved it, use "station pseudobridge" or if you want WDS as well "station WDS"

ponchocb
just joined

Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:16 am

Hi,

how did u manage to remove the NAT? I could successfully connect a SXT Lite to an Ubiquiti AP BUT i cannot make the traffic to flow without NAT. This is my diagram:

Network 2_R2 <-> SXT_Pseudobridge_mode <- - - - -> UBNT AP <-> R1 <-> Internet

The clients at the Network 2 cannot reach internet without the NAT active at R2; I would like to remove this NAT so all the network be routed as it was working before I added the SXT.

Thank you.