Community discussions

MikroTik App

domv
just joined
Topic Author

Wireless Point to Multipoint CPE Rate Limiting

Mon May 27, 2013 4:53 pm

We have deployed our first point to multi-point and we are having troubles with successful rate-limiting. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction on best approach to accomplish this.

We have tried to enable Bandwidth (Rx/Tx) on Eth1. We have also tried to enable the Default AP Tx Rate/Default Client Tx Rate. Neither seemed to have worked successfully.

phillipq
just joined

Re: Wireless Point to Multipoint CPE Rate Limiting

Mon May 27, 2013 7:04 pm

I have had good success using RADIUS to accomplish this.

You could also set an access list rule with an AP and Client Tx limit for each modem. Double click on any registered client and click "copy to access list". Open the access list rule and set your AP and Client limit. You will need to have the client re-register to the AP for it to take affect. You can then add these columns on the wireless registration table to verify that it worked. Remember this is over the air throughput so if you set it for 2Mbps your clients will see about 1.8-1.9Mbps.

angboontiong
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:02 am

You can use queue to limit it...

Sent from my GT-I8190N

sparkgates
just joined

Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:50 am

When fixed point to multi-point wireless system depending in which range should you operated bandwidth.point to multi-point wireless Ethernet bridges are generally in this ranges 900MHz, 2.4Ghz, and 5GHz.It's also depend in extend range it also effecting the performance of the system.