Community discussions

MikroTik App

phillipq
just joined
Topic Author

Groove A2Hn loss of Rx signal

Mon May 27, 2013 6:52 pm

I have a few Groove A2Hn and Metal 2SHPn AP's installed with about 5-15 customers on each. I have had the Rx level suddenly drop for all customers. I now have six AP's that I have had to replace. Some sites have been replaced multiple times. I do not believe it to be a CPE side problem as it happens with all connected subscribers and at the exact same time. When I replace the AP all the levels return to normal.

I have tried moving from Groove A2Hn to the Metal unit with no luck as the Metal will fail (one site as quickly as 12 hours later). I have four other Groove A2Hn's installed for over 6 months which have had no problems at all. Firmeware also makes no difference. I am contemplating building AP's with an RB411 and a 52Hn card. No response yet from Mikrotik support on my open ticket.

The screen shot shows what I am experiencing. The Rx level has dropped on all the modems, where as the Tx is fine. These used to only vary by 2-3dB as would be expected.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jopo
just joined

Re: Groove A2Hn loss of Rx signal

Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:07 am

Hello,
have you found a solution or a reason for this? Same happend to me now.

0ldman
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:21 pm

I've had trouble with the Groove 5Hn, 2Hn and 52Hn. 5 and 2 both had early RF failures, the 52Hn seems to have Ethernet problems.

I hate to say it, but I'm probably not buying any more. I've got Crossroads boards still in service from 2008. I've only got a single Groove that has been in service without issues for over a year. Probably gone through 20-25 of them.

Signal is excellent while it works, but they seem quite fragile.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:10 pm

For solve the problem, simply install 3.22 RouterBOOT and 6.20+ RouterOS