Community discussions

MikroTik App

laithmikrotik
Topic Author

about the TX/RX CCQ and the TX/RX DATA RATE

Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:13 pm

hi every one...i will be very grateful for any one gives me an idea about somethink i would like to know...
is there a relationship between the CCQ and the tx/rx data rate...i noticed that when the tx/rx data rate value is low , the tx/rx ccq is bad...but when the data size ( tx/rx ) data rate is good ,the tx/rx ccq value increase gradually to reach 100/100....

we all know that the CCQ is the measurement of the Purity of the signal ...but i noticed that it is not so....
the TX/RX CCQ is depended on the tx/rx data rate but not the otherwise ...at final ....

can we say that the CCQ VALUE is the measurement of

1- the Purity of the wireless signal

2- tx/rx data rate between 2 wireless points

with thank.....

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: about the TX/RX CCQ and the TX/RX DATA RATE

Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:27 pm

from wiki:
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Wi ... ermined.3F

What is CCQ and how are the values determined?
Client Connection Quality (CCQ) is a value in percent that shows how effective the bandwidth is used regarding the theoretically maximum available bandwidth. CCQ is weighted average of values Tmin/Treal, that get calculated for every transmitted frame, where Tmin is time it would take to transmit given frame at highest rate with no retries,and Treal is time it took to transmit the frame in real life (taking into account necessary retries it took to transmit frame and transmit rate).

so answer is no, it is not purity.

laithmikrotik
Topic Author

Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:55 pm

from wiki:
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:Wi ... ermined.3F

What is CCQ and how are the values determined?
Client Connection Quality (CCQ) is a value in percent that shows how effective the bandwidth is used regarding the theoretically maximum available bandwidth. CCQ is weighted average of values Tmin/Treal, that get calculated for every transmitted frame, where Tmin is time it would take to transmit given frame at highest rate with no retries,and Treal is time it took to transmit the frame in real life (taking into account necessary retries it took to transmit frame and transmit rate).

so answer is no, it is not purity.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-? :-?

why??...it is impossible to get 100/100 ccq with vey high noise conditions ( bad purity wireless signal )......

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:31 pm

for example, when you have low data rate and there is little data that passes over the wireless link your CCQ also can be low. But when data amounts increase CCQ improves.

There is no direct relation to "signal purity" as you state that and CCQ. In wiki you can read what it is and how that is calculated.

laithmikrotik
Topic Author

Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:49 pm

There is no direct relation to "signal purity" as you state that and CCQ. In wiki you can read what it is and how that is calculated.
thank you very much.......now i understand you....... :D :D :D