Community discussions

MikroTik App

marcmoennikes
just joined
Topic Author

Guest notebook with Atheros nic

Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:29 pm

Hello,

we have guests which have notebooks with atheros wireless network cards. They have connection problems, notebook tries to connect to mikrotik ap (hotspot WLAN) but this fails.
I have also seen this problem with Access Points from other vendors.
Upgrading the nic driver on the notebook can help.

But normally we have no permission to update the guests notebooks (it is also not our job ;) ).
So, maybe somebody has also this atheros problems, maybe has found a workaround setting which we can set on routerOS?

Regards

windwalker78
just joined

Re: Guest notebook with Atheros nic

Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:42 pm

I have the very same problem with two different laptop models and one and the same wifi card: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 802.11 b/g/n.

Tried from all of them with three different driver versions: 2 from HP and 1 from atheros.cz.

None of them allows us to connect to our Mikrotik 751G-2HnD Firmware 3.02 ROS 6.1

Wifi is configure normally as WPA PSK/WPA2 PSK, tkip/aes ccm and preshared key.
I tried connecting as open network (removed any security) and this card cannot connect.
However this very same card connects to various other routers from Asus, Dlink and etc.

All other cards connect successfully to Atheros, but this atheros chipset cannot connect.

Regards,
Todor

windwalker78
just joined

Re: Guest notebook with Atheros nic

Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:47 pm

I have the very same problem with two different laptop models and one and the same wifi card: Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 802.11 b/g/n.

Tried from all of them with three different driver versions: 2 from HP and 1 from atheros.cz.

None of them allows us to connect to our Mikrotik 751G-2HnD Firmware 3.02 ROS 6.1

Wifi is configure normally as WPA PSK/WPA2 PSK, tkip/aes ccm and preshared key.
I tried connecting as open network (removed any security) and this card cannot connect.
However this very same card connects to various other routers from Asus, Dlink and etc.

All other cards connect successfully to Atheros, but this atheros chipset cannot connect.

Regards,
Todor

I found the issue it is related to:

Wireless->Wireless Tables->Click on the desired interface->Channel Width->20Mhz

I hope this helps,
Todor