Hi
I have mikrotik wireless netwok:
- satalite modem (10M download and 720K upload) as internet provider
- RB2011 as hotspot server
- ubnt M5 as backhual
- 7 Metal2SHPn as AP
these provide WISP for larg area in my city

the problem is:
my client have poor internet speed, and when a client start download other client internet speed go down.
rooming between clients is very good, so i suppose that my satalite modem speed is not enugh.
I use burst queues for client speed like(32k/128k 64k/256k 42k/190k 5/5 8 32k/64k) it make better but not enugh.

So I hope some help here.

laithmikrotik

Re: WISP from satalite modem

Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:16 pm

so i suppose that my satalite modem speed is not enugh.
90% your suppose is right....

10% the link between you and your clients..

try create a user with all the band from the satellite internet provider and see how many you get rx/tx data..

reinerotto
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: WISP from satalite modem

Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:14 am

Just because of curiosity: I have a running proxy, which I set up a couple of years ago to speed up my internet access via fixed lines, when working abroad. Speed up is accomplished using 3 methods, reducing necessary bandwidth drastically: Removal of ads in the proxy, reduction of graphics quality (less resolution, less amount of colours), and zipping of HTML/JS.
When you are an ISP, method one is no option for you. Method two could be, as graphics compression is settable, and almost invisible, when cautiously done. But saving quite some amount of bandwidth. Method 3 definitely is no problem for you, as every brwoser does the de-compression itself.
In case of interest, send me a PM for further info.