Community discussions

MikroTik App

nirmal
Topic Author

Addresses per Mac In Hotspot

Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:46 am

Hi,

What does the column means by Addresses Per Mac?

what was use of it?

If i give any value what will happen?

any one please explain this!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

praeses

Re: Addresses per Mac In Hotspot

Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:17 pm

If your hotspot clients are connecting via a bridge/switch or another access point (that cannot be seen directly from the controller which may depend on the configuration and functionality of those devices), the hotspot controller may not see the mac addresses of the clients, rather that of the bridge. If you have it set to 1 and there are 10 clients behind another access point, only the first client will get an IP Address. A device can request more than one session (and IP address) for different purposes, sometimes productive, sometimes malicious. The default is usually fine for a single access point.

nirmal
Topic Author

Tue Oct 15, 2013 11:21 am

As per My setup Mikrotik working as a gateway after these many accees point there, so i have to keep in 2 or more than that.

As of now it has been kept 2 , so only 2 client can from the Access Point suppose if the client is trying he wont able to get IP?

praeses

Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:19 pm

it depends on how your access points are connected and configured. It would be best to test with either 1 or 2 and try to connect simultaneously 5 clients behind a single access point other than the hotspot controller and see if it works. If it doesn't, increase the number to the amount you want. If your many access points are connected differently or are different types, you should probably test each of them.

Otherwise, leaving it at 2 is decent.

mnawan12
just joined

Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:29 pm

Hi,

I am using RB 450G and I am interested to install wifi network on RB450G. kindly guaide me regarding wifi devices which provides client MAC address to RB 450g instead of wifi device MAC address because i want to use RB450G hotspot MAC bonding option on wifi.

I install TP link wifi router on RB450g just for experiment. but i feel that if one wifi client log in through hotspot to RB450g TP link wifi router provides full free INTERNET without authentication to all coverage area.

because TP link wifi router provide his own MAC address instead of client MAC address.

is there any option or devices which i can use with RB450G for best wifi hotspot setup with MAC bouding option.

Best Regards.
Nisar

nirmal
Topic Author

Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:40 am

u should run the dhcp from the mikrotik, tp link should be used a single giving device