Community discussions

MikroTik App

thinhat
just joined
Topic Author

How to setup RB951G as main router with TP-Link N600 WDS

Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:27 pm

Hi guys,

Had several RB951G installed at the office from a local contractor and was very impressed with the performance so I decided to buy one for home and use it as my main router. I would like to connect my existing 2 x TP-Link N600 and have followed to the letter the instructions for setting up WDS bridging but I can't get internet access on the the TP-Link although internet on the Mikrotik is running fine and when surveying, the TP-Link will find the Mikrotik and its MAC address.

On the Mikrotik front, I have upgraded to WebFig 5.26, protocol is 802.11and pretty much default settings from Mikrotik.

Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanx.

D.

jandafields
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: How to setup RB951G as main router with TP-Link N600 WDS

Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:44 pm

Hi guys,

Had several RB951G installed at the office from a local contractor and was very impressed with the performance so I decided to buy one for home and use it as my main router. I would like to connect my existing 2 x TP-Link N600 and have followed to the letter the instructions for setting up WDS bridging but I can't get internet access on the the TP-Link although internet on the Mikrotik is running fine and when surveying, the TP-Link will find the Mikrotik and its MAC address.

On the Mikrotik front, I have upgraded to WebFig 5.26, protocol is 802.11and pretty much default settings from Mikrotik.

Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanx.

D.
WDS only works between Mikrotik devices, you can't mix brands with WDS.