Community discussions

MikroTik App

xmas7
just joined
Topic Author

wifi not sync all the time

Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:58 am

Hi,
since I have Mikrotik router RB2011UAS I have a problem with wireless connection. I use 2 phones running on android OS and when they have display switched off, wifi turns off until I wake up the phone. When I'm at work there isn't Mikrotik, it's syncing all the time as well as the phone has switched off display.
Another problem is extreme battery drain when display on my mobile is switched off (about 60% of battery life per night)....at work is about 8% per night.
So I'm quite sure that problem is in Mikrotik settings.
Has someone the same experience?
Any solutions?

plisken
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: wifi not sync all the time

Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:06 pm

I've heard that Mikrotik fix it in a later RouterOs version

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:08 pm

This is related to android power saving features, which RouterOS doesn't support.

xmas7
just joined
Topic Author

Wed May 07, 2014 12:14 pm

So I wrote to official mikrotik supprot and the reply was: "Our software is missing power saving features , but we are always improving our software."
I'm quite satisfied with mikrotik router, but this wifi problem is for me a big disappointment.
I don't think that this should be so difficult to add power saving features to RouterOS. Almost every quater prize router Made in China has this power saving features for android. (Like the one which I have at work.)