MikroTik App

bysard
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Station bridge problem on different RBs

Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:46 pm

Hi,

I have a strange problem. Untill now I have used a RB751U on a location, configured wireless as station-bridge and bridged all ports ether 1-5 + wlan1. On ether5, I have a specific 10 mbit/s device. The device and the routers's bridge are in the same subnet, using the same gateway. Everything works in this scenario. As soon as I replace the RB751 with a RB411AR with the same configuration (with exception in bridge of ether ports 2-4, which are not present on RB411AR) I cannot ping the specific device anymore. If I connect to the device I get a ping, I can also access the router, but the bridge doesn't work anymore? Replace the router back with 751U, everything works again. I have also tried to replicate config via export config (I know this is not recommended) and got same results. I tried manual config first and have double/triple checked every option in both routers. I use RoS 6.5 on both with 3.10 FW. Any ideas?

bysard
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Station bridge problem on different RBs

Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:45 pm

Another defective 411 board, please disregard. it works perfectly with any other board.

plisken
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:40 pm

Have you confured a dhcp-client on the wireless interface?

bysard
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:08 am

Have you confured a dhcp-client on the wireless interface?
I don't need it. It needs to be static. It was the defective board. When I opened it it had three bloated capacitors. There were really some low quality capacitors installed. Changed them all and now passthrough bridge works on this board also.