Community discussions

MikroTik App

vader7071
Topic Author

Trying to connect Eye-Fi X2 pro to RB951G router

Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:02 am

I have an Eye-Fi card (card specs) and I am trying to connect this card to my network, but to date is has stumped both me and Eye-Fi.

What the card does is simple. It is an SD card for your camera, and as soon as you get in range of your home network and the camera is on, the card automatically dumps the pictures from the card to my laptop.

Here is the issue. The DCHP server is not giving the Eye-Fi card an IP address. With no IP address, the card cannot get to the internet to get the settings it needs, and subsequently, it can't transfer the files.

Here is what we know so far:
  1. above is the specs on the card
  2. the router is an RB951G
  3. I have the MAC address for the card in my DCHP server to a static IP address
  4. I have the MAC address for the Eye-Fi card in the Wireless Table Access list
  5. I have converted a Linksys home router from a router to a Wireless Access Point with a different SSID from the Mikrotik, and the card works, AND the DCHP assigns the correct IP address
  6. Wireless is set to 802.11 and I am using WPA & WPA2 tkip security protocol
I find it funny that if I can get the card to connect to the router behind the wireless (i.e. using the Linksys WAP to go in on an ethernet port) it works great, but if I try to go straight into over the Mikrotik wireless, it doesn't work.

I can provide any necessary information. Thank you in advance for your help.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Trying to connect Eye-Fi X2 pro to RB951G router

Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:59 am

Did you set up the card like described here? https://x2help.eyefi.com/hc/en-us/artic ... ss-Network

If yes, can you post the logs from the router? It will show if anything is trying to connect, and if it was given an address or not.

vader7071
Topic Author

Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:23 pm

I did. I may have cut my other listing short. I have been working on this issue since Christmas talking with Eye-Fi and I forget this forum isn't up to speed.

I followed the instructions from Eye-Fi. Initially, the card would error "DCHP timeout" (from Eye-Fi they were saying the DCHP server was not assigning an IP address). Throughout testing, I was able to see the MAC address of the card trying to access the router, but the DCHP server never assigning an address.

Attached is a screen shot of the log file. I am not sure how to download the log from the router.

The thread I have been working with Eye-Fi on this issue is located here on Eye-Fi's forum
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:56 pm

Looks like client is asking to disconnect because of some power saving or similar. Is the DHCP server working? Can any other device connect to this AP ?

vader7071
Topic Author

Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:12 pm

Yes. DCHP is working. I have at least 12 other items that connect over the wireless and gets an IP address from DCHP.

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:08 pm

Upgrade your RouterOS to v6.7 and then reset the wireless interface configuration using such command:
/interface wireless reset-configuration wlan1

Then configure your wireless interface and the WPA to use AES encryption and not TKIP. Then test if it works ok using laptop or smartphone (you got an IP address) and then check that connection with your eye-fi card .