Community discussions

MikroTik App

n21roadie
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Unable to generate sup-output file during fault

Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:40 am

I have intermittent fault(s) on a live network where every few weeks (months), Clients have wireless registration, clients have pppoe authentication but the AP loses its local pppoe address

I can only mac-telnet in and have tried to generate sup-output file for Mikrotik support to analyse but after 10mins and customers waiting for service to be restored, I have no option but to reboot and the issue is cleared until next time,

I would welcome any advice on this matter, forgot to mention I am using V5.20

Have been looking at post "Improved PPP package for v6.x"
http://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php ... &hilit=ppp
But it clearly states
- package should not be used at production environment;

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: Unable to generate sup-output file during fault

Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:56 am

you can try 6.7 and see if you still have problem with long support generation. but yes, we are working on PPP.

n21roadie
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Re: Unable to generate sup-output file during fault

Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:39 am

On examining the logs of the AP which I had to reboot, this AP (and others) uses NV2 and low and behold the infamous “Control Frame timeouts” there was a lot of these entries, I have moved frequency and in 12hrs no more control frame timeouts,
My suspicions as this type of fault only has occurred on Mikrotik devices with a radio card, is until proved different is that when using NV2 protocol, signal interference or(both) co-location interference ( co-location interference – I have applied as much RF screening as possible to other devices) is coming into the radio card (XR5) at a particular time and somehow locks up RouterOS and a simple reboot clears the issue?