Community discussions

MikroTik App

jameseastman
just joined
Topic Author

RBSXT 2nD r2 line-of-site .... kinda

Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:50 am

Hello,

I am contemplation an installation where I'll use two RBSXT 2nD r2 devices between two warehouses that are roughly 390 feet apart. I have a good line of sight between my mounting points EXCEPT there is foliage in the path (but not the solid trunk). Since these devices transmit on the 2GHz band will the signal make it through the tree's foliage successfully? Many thanks for your reply.

-J

plisken
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RBSXT 2nD r2 line-of-site .... kinda

Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:08 pm

Trees and leaves can be an obstacle for the link. Jou must have a clear fresnel zone.
Depending on the situation.
It Is one tree or several in succession?
Theoretically, there should be nothing standing in the way between station A and B
You can try it but whether it succeeds is not to guarantee
Make some photo's of the situation and post them here

jameseastman
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:09 pm

plisken,

It's just one tree BUT its' bush foliage is DIRECTLY in the shot. Imagine a nice set of curly hair where the wireless shot wouldn't hit the person in the forehead BUT would pass just to the left (thus missing the person' melon) but FULLY in the bush of curly hair. I do have an option to string 340 ft of Cat6 to an opposite corner of one of the warehouses to get a perfectly clear shot. I believe this might be my better option. What you think?

James

plisken
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:57 pm

That would be better.
Line of sight is verry inportent, set the antennas with horizontal polarisation if possible