Community discussions

MikroTik App

wispwest
Topic Author

MAJOR Ether1 "RX Drops" on many RB912UAG-5HPnD

Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:25 am

We're noticing this on about 1 out of ever 3 boards we just upgraded all of our PtP's with. RX Drops on Ether1 interface build and build into the millions. Replace with RB800 and its fixed. These are all BRAND NEW boards within 6 months in the field.

PLEASE tell me there is a firmware that will fix this, otherwise I'll be renting snow machines to get to our towers.

Really can't wait until AirFiber-5Ghz comes out.. I can't deal with this anymore!

krisjanis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: MAJOR Ether1 "RX Drops" on many RB912UAG-5HPnD

Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:16 pm

Do you have latest RouterOS / bootloader running on these units?

ejansson

Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:29 pm

Try setting the default interface queue from "only-Hardware-queue" to ethernet-default. This should resolve the issue if it is what I think it is. You will have to reboot the device to clear the counters. We have dozens of these board in production both as ap's and p2p with various software rev's with no issue.

You should be worried about the 5ghz air fiber not excited as it uses two 50mzh channels to achieve those high speeds. This means that 100mzh of spectrum is used making it open to interference issues on both TX and RX for both you and anyone else in the area. Form my under standing one channel is rx and on tx meaning that anyone doing a scan will assume your RX ch is free and clear to use. The only use I can see for this device in in remote areas where there no other interference.

wispwest
Topic Author

Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:18 pm

Do you have latest RouterOS / bootloader running on these units?
Yes, I've tried everything, even the 6.8rc. Even rolled back to the earlier 5.xx versions, no change no matter what I do.

wispwest
Topic Author

Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:21 pm

You should be worried about the 5ghz air fiber not excited as it uses two 50mzh channels to achieve those high speeds. This means that 100mzh of spectrum is used making it open to interference issues on both TX and RX for both you and anyone else in the area. Form my under standing one channel is rx and on tx meaning that anyone doing a scan will assume your RX ch is free and clear to use. The only use I can see for this device in in remote areas where there no other interference.
I'm shooting out 30 miles to a remote site, I think I'll be fine. Also, you can adjust the channel width all the way down to 10mhz if you wanted. I plan on using the same frequency I'm using now, and only 40mhz, essentially using the SAME frequency and channel width as I am.

Its' only 100mhz if you put it in top capacity, and also full duplex. 500Mb/500Mb FULL Duplex = 100Mhz, 500Mb/500Mb HALF Duplex = 50Mhz