Community discussions

MikroTik App

kozmonov
Topic Author

Ch1 no Rx signal?

Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:55 am

I just setup a new PTMP link with a SXT-5-SaR and an SXT5-lite. The SXT5-lite as a CPE has terrible connections speeds. It connects at 60mbps/30mbps in an NV2 setup. 40mhz channel width as well.

I just noticed CH1 does not show a Rx signal strength. Is this indicative of a polarization issue with reflections?

This is a photoshop image representing what I saw. I am not onsite right now and did not take a screenshot before I left.
Screen Shot 2014-01-22 at 5.52.41 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

samsung172
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Ch1 no Rx signal?

Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:37 am

enable Chain 0 and 1 at both ends.

BTW, Your CCQ is really bad. :D This is Your problem.

You also have bad signal. Align, remove Things that make Your frensell bad or have a better LOS.

If both Chains are enabled, and you have a good LOS, and fresnell, problem is HW related. Change Equipment. In a Perfect world, RX and TC should not differ more than max 3dbm
Last edited by samsung172 on Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

kozmonov
Topic Author

Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:40 am

Thanks for the reply samsung172 but this image is just an example of what I saw. Its not actually the stats from this particular link. I check both sides and Chain 1 is enabled. Do you have any other ideas of why I wouldn't see a Rx signal?

samsung172
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:42 am

Thanks for the reply samsung172 but this image is just an example of what I saw. Its not actually the stats from this particular link. I check both sides and Chain 1 is enabled. Do you have any other ideas of why I wouldn't see a Rx signal?

im like 98% sure its LOS or adjutment of the antenna. 2% sure, hardware not working.

kozmonov
Topic Author

Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:48 am

im like 98% sure its LOS or adjutment of the antenna. 2% sure, hardware not working.
Im sure you are right. I will definitely try to realign the AP. This is the first time I am using a RBSXTG-5HPnD-SAr2. This unit has a 90 degree horizontal beam width but I'm not sure its vertical beam width. The only thing I was worried about is some sort of fresnel lens reflection but Im not sure how to interpret that?

samsung172
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:17 pm

Well. The best is to use eyes when mounting antenna. :P Remember that LOS is not the same as what Your eye see, you have the fresenell to.

Eg, if you have a 10 meter roof, and Mount the CPE at back of bulding, pointing over the roof, lets say 30cm above, you will se the other side perfectly by eyes. But, fresnell sone, would hit the roof, and you will have a bad signal.

You can check fresnell etc using software. ATDI http://www.atdi.co.uk/ have some Nice features, and or software like radiomobile http://www.cplus.org/rmw/english1.html