Community discussions

MikroTik App

bossst
just joined
Topic Author

Cannot figure out to disable communication from each other

Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:56 pm

Hi,

I'm using some Hotspot in different areas and I'm looking to give more security to my clients by disabling the ability to use a Network Scanner to see who is connected and display the IP address.

For my setup I'm using a RB450 where the Hotspot is configure and I attach to it another Mikrotik Wifi Radio where the port is added to the Hotspot bridge. That's mean each client will pass trought the Mikrotik Wifi radio to the RB450 Hotspot. After googling a bit, I found that some user are using Default Forwarding to block communication between each Wifi connection but this doesn't work for me, I think it's because the radio is acting only for Wifi communication and not Hotspot.

I don't know if a firewall rule can fix it ? or a secret that I don't know but for a public wifi where they pay for the service, it's a good Idea to hide each client from each other.

Also I'm using a RB450 because I have sometime multiples AP connected to it to extend my coverage.

Thank