MikroTik App

mfrabbibd
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Base Station with Metal 5SHPn and 16db omni directional ante

Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:01 pm

Hello Everybody,

I want to start a WISP and for this I want to setup one Metal 5SHPn and one 16db Omni-Directional Antenna on the top of 60 feet antenna tower to through P2MP signal. Now my question is that, if I setup according to my statement so what would be the Maximum distance for CPE (Clients) for the above mention equipments? or Any other Idea would be welcome.
Please help me as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Md. Fazle Rabbi.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Base Station with Metal 5SHPn and 16db omni directional

Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:36 pm

Hello Everybody,

I want to start a WISP and for this I want to setup one Metal 5SHPn and one 16db Omni-Directional Antenna on the top of 60 feet antenna tower to through P2MP signal. Now my question is that, if I setup according to my statement so what would be the Maximum distance for CPE (Clients) for the above mention equipments? or Any other Idea would be welcome.

Best Regards,
Md. Fazle Rabbi.
If you want to start a WISP (I'm already a WISP from 2007):
First 3 Rules:
1) Use only MikroTik Hardware;
2) Use x86 for User Manager;
3) Never use omnidirectional antenna.

thirstyscholar
just joined

Re: Base Station with Metal 5SHPn and 16db omni directional

Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:40 pm

Hello Everybody,

Best Regards,
Md. Fazle Rabbi.
If you want to start a WISP (I'm already a WISP from 2007):
First 3 Rules:
1) Use only MikroTik Hardware;
2) Use x86 for User Manager;
3) Never use omnidirectional antenna.
So I too am trying to get into the WISP business. Thanks for the pointers there, but no. 3 still baffles me... What kind of antenna should a WISP use then? Only Directional??

I am also thinking of using the same Metal 5SHPn or Mikrotik Groove 52HPn for my base station (actually the base station is from an internet cafe I own).

For my billing server, I'm planning to get a Mikrotik RouterBoard RB2011UAS or Mikrotik RB/450. Which do you advise me to go for?