MikroTik App

mfrabbibd
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Product Recommendation and Guideline

Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:09 pm

Hi Everybody,

I'm planning to start a WISP and that's why I'm thinking of SEXTANT G 5HPnD (Two sets) between 12km distance for P2P backbone (Fiber Optic Duplex IP 10Mbps Leased Internet connection) connection. I've a 70 feet high tower where I want to setup 3 sets of BaseBox2 (RB912UAG-2HPnD) with RF Elements Sector MIMO Antennas (SECM2120) as a directional antenna Base Station for P2MP connections for my clients. I've 10 clients who reside 1-5km far from my Base Station and 10 other customer resides around 5-10km far from my Base Station. Now my question is that,

1. Can I use SXT Lite2 CPE for approximate 1-5km away customer from my Base Station?
2. Can I use SXT G-2HnD CPE for approximate 5-10km away clients from my Base Station?

Please help me.
Thanks a lot.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Product Recommendation and Guideline

Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:32 pm

If you start to planning to start a WISP:

Three free hint:

1) NEVER USE OMNIDIRECTIONAL ANTENNAS;

2) DO NOT USE 2.4GHz FOR CPE;

3) Use only MikroTik Hardware.

mfrabbibd
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:36 pm

Thanks a lot for your advice Rextended.

Can you please give me the reason of not to using Omni-directional Antennas, 2.4Ghz for CPE's and why I should use Mikrotik Hardware? as there are many of companies manufacturing such popular devices nowadays. The one is Airmax from Ubiquiti. Some one has advice me to use Airmax Nano Bridge M5, 25dbi instead of SEXTANT G 5HPnD for (backbone) and 4 of Airmax Rocket M5 with 19dbi 90Degree Sector Antenna (AP)on my base station instead of using 3 BaseBox5 (RB912UAG-5HPnD) with RF Elements M5, 18dbi Sector MIMO Antenna to reach my 10km away's clients using Nano Station M5 instead of SXT G-5HnD (CPE)

Please advice me as soon as possible. I need the help of expats of this forum.

Thank you all once again.

Cetalfio
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:59 pm

ciao,
if the maximum distance between the tower and your customers is from a minimum of 2 Km and a maximum of 10 km you can use SXT Lite 5 for short distances and SEXTANT G 5HPnD for longer ones.

Please choose the tower antenna sector preferably four dual polarization H/V 90° to obtain an 360° distribution. The antennas could be connected through RF cables to some RB912 or RB433 + R52Hn.

In this way you can manage some good wireless links.

This forum is MT then we can advise you of using this type of product only. You should choose as NV2 wireless communication protocol, it is proprietary Mikrotik protocoll and you can not work with it and other brands. Perhaps a good course on Mikrotik might be useful to you, good luck,
cetalfio