Community discussions

MikroTik App

jrader1
just joined
Topic Author

Relay Help

Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:53 pm

I am still fairly new to the MikroTik, So forgive me if I missed something simple and obvious..:p

I am attempting to guild a relay out in my front field as my house is down in a hole and not able to get signal directly.
I created a Bridge from my house out to the tower that works perfectly, I can connect to both Radios and check health and conduct speed tests with no issues.
BUT When I plug in the ether net port from the bridge on the Tower to the ether net port on the other Radio on the tower that is bringing signal in, I am unable to connect to my bridge.... What am I missing? I have tried using a Switch between the 2 radios, I even made a AB cable to connect the 2 but as soon as I plug the 2 together I cant connect to them. I can see them in my winbox "Connect to" list but they time out when you attempt to connect to either of them.

And in case my explanation while I was describing my situation made it unclear:
I have 2 radios on a Tower, one Brings signal in from town, and the second Radio points to my house to make the connection to the tower.
The radios on the Tower is a RB911G-5HPnD. and the one pointing to my house is a RBSXT-5HPnD and the one on my house is another RB911G-5HPnD.

please advise and thank you in advance.

jrader1
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Relay Help

Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:59 pm

Additional Information, all three radios are running OS 5.25. I can connect a laptop to each ether net port and access the radios. When I first power them up I click remove configuration and I use these settings:

1> Bridge plus Sign click ok
2. ports + ehter 1, then + and wlan
IP DHCP + select bridge
wireless security profile
+ TGSecureNet
key: *************

Wireless Interface TAB
Double click listed then advanced then wireless tab
Click Advance mode Button (on the right)

Mode=Station Bridge
Band=5ghz-only-N
Channel Width 20/40MHz HT Above
SSID=TGSecureNet
Radio Name=Clients Bridge Name
Wireless protocall=ANY
Security Profile= TGSecureNet
WMM Support=Enabled
GOTO HT TAB
Select Chain1
Click Check Mark to enable

SYSTEM-Identity=Clicnt Name

jrader1
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Relay Help

Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:46 pm

After playing around with my setup a little more, I have found that I can in fact connect to each device through their MAC but not through the IP. I am not good with routing but this sounds like a routing issue maybe in the firewall? But I have not set up any firewall rules after i removed the default config and programed them using the setting in my before mentioned post.