Community discussions

MikroTik App

larocheboy
just joined
Topic Author

Network Printer unavailable after I deployed MikroTik RB2011

Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:37 am

I have been away from MikroTik for a while and have lost touches. I need help so I can pick up again. I recently installed MikroTik routerboard RB2011 in an office environment. Before installation of MikroTik, network computers could send files to a printer shared on the network because all of the network computers are on the same domain. After installation of MikroTik, sending files to network printer have been impossible. Things I noticed include:

I can no longer see other computers on the network from 'My Network Places' in Windows;
It has been impossible to send files to the network printer from all the computers on the network

Can someone tell me how I may correct this issue. Your help is appreciated in advance. Thank you.

efaden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Network Printer unavailable after I deployed MikroTik RB

Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:47 am

I have been away from MikroTik for a while and have lost touches. I need help so I can pick up again. I recently installed MikroTik routerboard RB2011 in an office environment. Before installation of MikroTik, network computers could send files to a printer shared on the network because all of the network computers are on the same domain. After installation of MikroTik, sending files to network printer have been impossible. Things I noticed include:

I can no longer see other computers on the network from 'My Network Places' in Windows;
It has been impossible to send files to the network printer from all the computers on the network

Can someone tell me how I may correct this issue. Your help is appreciated in advance. Thank you.
We need WAY more information about your setup. Network diagram, export, etc.