Community discussions

MikroTik App

micsupeti
just joined
Topic Author

MTCWE

Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:29 pm

Dear Users,

I would like to ask a little help. Can somebody to tell what were in the MTCWE exam? Does somebody have MTCWE tests or a MTCWE training books?

Thank you in advance for your help.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: MTCWE

Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:39 am

Can somebody to tell what were in the MTCWE exam? Does somebody have MTCWE tests
This is really not a good idea. Sharing exam questions is not allowed anyway
MTCWE training books?
Doesn't your MTCWE class teach you the required things? Trainer will tell you what to expect, and teach you all that is needed.

micsupeti
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:14 pm

I do not want to cheat! I would like to request helping. I was just curious for the experiences and example exam. (like for example: MTCNA example test on mikrotik website)

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:30 am

Isn't the training class exactly for this purpose? Unfortunately no other sample trainings are available.

micsupeti
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:54 am

OK! I understand! Thank you!

micsupeti
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:28 pm

Hi,

I would like to get all certificates of Mikrotik. Can I read for an exam alone without training and trainer? Like at Cisco. There you can read for an exam alone, on self-educated way, without training then you can go exam.

(I have four mikrotik routers, I have a little home lab.)

Thank you your answers.

joshaven

Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:50 am

In case you haven't read them yet, MikroTik publishes test content outlines: http://www.mikrotik.com/training/

Joshaven Potter
http://joshaven.com
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

micsupeti
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:22 am

Yes, I have read the Mikrotik outlines, already. But I would like to learn alone, on self-educated way, then go to the exam (online exam).

Do I have an opportunity for this?

Thank you!

JanezFord
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:47 pm

I understand the frustration some users are having ... prices of training have risen very high during the past few years, especially in european countries ... there are a lot of users that have extensive knowledge of the subject and would like to (and are capable) to study for the exam on their own.

JF.

efaden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:36 am

I understand the frustration some users are having ... prices of training have risen very high during the past few years, especially in european countries ... there are a lot of users that have extensive knowledge of the subject and would like to (and are capable) to study for the exam on their own.

JF.
I'm in that boat. It's a hobby, not a job. I'm not paying 3k to get certifications.

I'd love to just learn myself and test.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

janisk
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:52 am

how about you get actual quotes from trainer near you?

Anyway, to attend MTCWE or MTCRE you have to have MTCNA certification be cause you need to know what RotuerOS is and how to work with it.

JanezFord
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:15 am

how about you get actual quotes from trainer near you?

Anyway, to attend MTCWE or MTCRE you have to have MTCNA certification be cause you need to know what RotuerOS is and how to work with it.
I was talking in general, not just for MTCWE but also for MTCNA and MTCRE, ...

JF.

micsupeti
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:26 am

I have a MTCNA certificate. I have four Mikrotik routers, I have a mini Mikrotik home lab. I think basically I know Router OS.

I would like to get ready for exam alone, in the own tempo. If I got ready for exam then I am going to online exam. That's it. Like the Cisco or Microsoft. I would like this. Is this possible?

Thank you!

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:30 am

I have a MTCNA certificate. I have four Mikrotik routers, I have a mini Mikrotik home lab. I think basically I know Router OS.

I would like to get ready for exam alone, in the own tempo. If I got ready for exam then I am going to online exam. That's it. Like the Cisco or Microsoft. I would like this. Is this possible?

Thank you!
Online exams can be good for you to test yourself, but to get a worldwide recognized certificate, we require real life presence, so that we see that you are the one taking the exam, and also to check your skills in the class. Online exams can be filled by anyone. There is no way to verify who is actually answering the questions.

micsupeti
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:10 pm

I understand the your idea. But at Cisco there is following:
You can learn for exam alone, at home. You don't have to go to training. If you have read the Cisco theme then you can to go for online exam in a accredited exam center where they check identity card, your identity and etc. You can pay the exam price and You can to exam here by online. (I think, Cisco ----> Pearson VUE, Microsoft ----> Prometric)

Do you understand my idea?

Thank you!

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:20 pm

You can learn for exam alone, at home. You don't have to go to training. If you have read the Cisco theme then you can to go for online exam in a accredited exam center where they check identity card, your identity and etc. You can pay the exam price and You can to exam here by online. (I think, Cisco ----> Pearson VUE, Microsoft ----> Prometric)

Thank you!
We currently don't have such exam centers, and our Training partners are only accepting people who attended (and paid for) their classes. I understand your idea, maybe we will be able to have something like that in the future.

micsupeti
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:22 pm

OK! Thank you your answer.

Thanx again!

JanezFord
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:43 pm

We currently don't have such exam centers, and our Training partners are only accepting people who attended (and paid for) their classes. I understand your idea, maybe we will be able to have something like that in the future.
Well, maybe you could reason with your training partners for more acceptable pricing ...

JF.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:58 pm

We have no partnership with them, market determines the prices.

micsupeti
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:03 pm

:)

I am very happy. I managed to get the MTCWE the exam. I think, it was hard.
I was afraid from it, little bit.

Thank you very much the posts, everybody!

thanatos
just joined

Thu May 29, 2014 6:20 am

hello, I could pass the test to practice, I've searched but can not find him.
from already thank you very much
my e-mail is: rafael.arana.prado@gmail.com

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu May 29, 2014 9:06 am

hello, I could pass the test to practice, I've searched but can not find him.
from already thank you very much
my e-mail is: rafael.arana.prado@gmail.com
Sharing test question is not allowed. You must practice by taking the training class. You will learn a lot in class.

chemp86
just joined

Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:09 am

Thank you!
I think it is not so good for "beginners" certificate like MTCNA. I passed test exam via site - 68% without any preparation... So, that mean`s I don`t need to spend my time and money to learn MTCNA course, plus "4 days of 6.5 hours each" - this time will be enough just for some topics about networking theory and basics of RouterOS...

I think it will be good idea allow to take beginner exam without courses. If you don`t want use "Exam centers" like Cisco or Microsoft - it is ok, you can allow your training guys to do it.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:45 am

I think it will be good idea allow to take beginner exam without courses. If you don`t want use "Exam centers" like Cisco or Microsoft - it is ok, you can allow your training guys to do it.
Even our most advanced users learn something new in MTCNA that will be needed later in MTCRE or other certificates. 68% is not 100%

satman1w
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:32 pm

Thank you!
I know that the thread is old but since it has to do with me I'll comment it anyway.
Mikrotik as a company is giving to a small group of people opportunity to make substantial income by teaching certification classes. I'm O.K. with that because listening to experienced teacher is the best and quickest way to learn.
But... certification tests should in no way way depend on taken classes! If you do not want to outsource your certification bussiness to VUE or Prometric - fine.
Do it your self.
Just give us a opportunity to take a test at your trainers facilities but without the obligation to listen to the classes.
That would be fair.
Also, I don't understand why the certificate has an expiration period !!!
Believe me, since I have passed MTCNA in 2005 (or 2006 ??) nothing crucial has changed , but my certificate does not worth any more :-).

I do not expect you to change all of this over the night or not at all, but want you to be aware how frustrating the system is.

Best regards