Community discussions

MikroTik App

victorp
just joined
Topic Author

Hotspot clients can't connect: no more IPs assigned by DHCP

Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:50 am

Hi

After DHCP assigns IPs to wireless clients, they are appear in IP/Hotspot/Hosts tab.
After some time, on a /24 network all 253 IP are assigned to somebody, and even after these clients disconnected, their MAC and IP remains in IP/Hotspot/Hosts.

As the result new customers cannot connect to the hotspot, because all IPs are used and reserved in that table.
If I remove some rows form that table manually, the IPs I remove are leased again by DHCP and users can connect.

How can I make this list autoclear after user is disconnected or after some delay after disconnection?
Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TheWiFiGuy

Re: Hotspot clients can't connect: no more IPs assigned by D

Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:05 am

Hi

It sounds like you dont have the idle-timeout in /ip hotspot set low enough - typically 5m is fine and it clears down un-authenticated users nice and quickly. Note: This is not related to a users idle-timeout which logs them off.

victorp
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:40 am

Thanks for the tipp.
I have set 1 min for timeout in Hotspot / user profiles as you suggested and now it works fine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

victorp
just joined
Topic Author

Some cellphones can't connect

Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:05 am

I have setup a hotspot with trial authentication that leads to company website on first request.
It works fine with most devices, but some cellphones like Sony Lt22i and several HTC models doesn't connect.
Any ideas why?
Attaching the configuration screens.
Thanks in advance,
Victor

victorp
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:11 am

One more screen: hotspot server profile