Community discussions

MikroTik App

orion83
just joined
Topic Author

BaseBox2 for Wi-Fi and Point to Multipoint Solution

Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:59 pm

Hello!

I have just got new BaseBox2 with OMNI Antenna, i want to make Wi-Fi Hotspot for Wi-Fi enabled Laptops and Mobiles. How to set up? I also want to set up Point to Multi-Point Set up where Wi-Fi Signal can not reach..

Please help me out.

kinglaolu
just joined

Re: BaseBox2 for Wi-Fi and Point to Multipoint Solution

Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:45 pm

make ether1 your WAN interface
put an IP address on wlan1, make it do DHCP
use the wizard to set up hotspot on your wlan

orion83
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:17 pm

I have already setup with UBNT Sectors..

Below is my Network Diagram

Server----> CISCO2950 Switch Port No.1
UBNT Sector 1 ----> CISCO2950 Switch Port No.2
UBNT Sector 2 ----> CISCO2950 Switch Port No.3
Mikrotik OMNI with BaseBox2 ----> CISCO2950 Switch Port No.4

orion83
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:54 pm

I am Hiren form India, i am running small WISP in India. I want your help to make 2.4GHz Point to MultiPoint Network with Mikrotik Basebox2+Omni antenna.

Currently i am using below setup.

I have got Fiber connectivity from my ISP to my CISCO2950 L2 Switch Port1.
Server is Managed by ISP, i only have to provide connectivity to clients.

I have connected 2 Sectors with Ubnt Rocket M5 with CISCO2950 L2 Switch Port2 and Port3 respectively. That is my 5.8Ghz network.

I can easily connect my 5.8Ghz clients with UBNT AirgidM5 device to Rocket M5 sector and ISP can easily make PPPOE user on their server and My client can access internet with PPPOE username/password.

But now i have purchase Mikrotik BaseBox2. That is 2.4Ghz network for cost saving on Client devices.

I want to make Point to Multipoint network with Mikrotik and same as UBNT way ISP can create PPPOE clients, i just have to connect client to my CISCO2950 switch.

Please provide me solution to create Point To Multipoint network like UBNT.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

orion83
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:54 pm

I am Hiren form India, i am running small WISP in India. I want your help to make 2.4GHz Point to MultiPoint Network with Mikrotik Basebox2+Omni antenna.

Currently i am using below setup.

I have got Fiber connectivity from my ISP to my CISCO2950 L2 Switch Port1.
Server is Managed by ISP, i only have to provide connectivity to clients.

I have connected 2 Sectors with Ubnt Rocket M5 with CISCO2950 L2 Switch Port2 and Port3 respectively. That is my 5.8Ghz network.

I can easily connect my 5.8Ghz clients with UBNT AirgidM5 device to Rocket M5 sector and ISP can easily make PPPOE user on their server and My client can access internet with PPPOE username/password.

But now i have purchase Mikrotik BaseBox2. That is 2.4Ghz network for cost saving on Client devices.

I want to make Point to Multipoint network with Mikrotik and same as UBNT way ISP can create PPPOE clients, i just have to connect client to my CISCO2950 switch.

Please provide me solution to create Point To Multipoint network like UBNT.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.