Community discussions

MikroTik App

vasilaos
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Omnitik issue

Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:27 am

I am having some problems with one of my omnitiks. One of my problems is that working withi higher frequencies i get lower signal. Is this normal? 3 of my client cpe-s that are 5km distance away from the omnitik does not connect because of low signal when i use higher frequencies. Is it possible that the radio or antenna is damaged? Another thing that i have noticed is that i can achieve better throughtputs with nstreme rather than with nv2 but with nstreme one of my cpe-s constantly dissconnects and reasociates. So nstreme is not stable in my situation. But with nv2 i can get half of throughtput. How can i solve this?

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Omnitik issue

Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:35 am

This is probably according to the power scheme related to your regulation domain - country. If you have use it. Check your local rules that define allowed transmit power according to frequency used. 5km to client is quite long distance. What is on the other side?

vasilaos
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:50 am

I have set Frequency Mode to manual-txpower not to regulatory domain. on the other side those with the long distance are SEXTANT G 5HPnD. those far away have better throughput with nstreme protocol but when i change the protocol another cpe that is located close keeps disconnecting and associating.

Lakis
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:12 pm

There may be difference up to 1-3db from lower to higher channel. nstreme is not good for p2mp scenario with more clients per AP especially if u use OmniTik (nstreme disconnect problem is old story by the way)
When u do test with nv2 do it with more connections.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:07 pm

I would use sectors as ap. Specially for long distance clients. use different antenna for close and for far clients. It will help. Also, build your llinks according regulatory conditions.