Community discussions

MikroTik App

sputniki
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

CAPsMAN and dynamic interface names

Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:28 am

Is there any way to have CAPsMAN controlled interfaces with static interface names?
It's difficult to monitor wireless traffic of wireless interfaces with snmp because if.index changes every time an CAPS-AP reconnects to CAPsMAN... :-/

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: CAPsMAN and dynamic interface names

Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:45 pm

We already have such option, from:

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:CA ... ovisioning

create-disabled - create disabled static interfaces for radio. I.e., the interfaces will be bound to the radio, but the radio will not be operational until the interface is manually enabled;
create-enabled - create enabled static interfaces. I.e., the interfaces will be bound to the radio and the radio will be operational;
create-dynamic-enabled - create enabled dynamic interfaces. I.e., the interfaces will be bound to the radio, and the radio will be operational;
none - do nothing, leaves radio in non-provisioned state;

mdkberry
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:43 am

create-enabled - create enabled static interfaces. I.e., the interfaces will be bound to the radio and the radio will be operational;
create-dynamic-enabled - create enabled dynamic interfaces. I.e., the interfaces will be bound to the radio, and the radio will be operational;
and the difference between these settings is...?

bajodel
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:32 pm

and the difference between these settings is...?
Static/dynamic ..here is the difference

Static interfaces will not be auto provisioned again (only manual intervention)
Dynamic ones are provisioned at every boot/connection