Community discussions

MikroTik App

deanMK
Topic Author

Problem with Bridging Existing Wireless Conection

Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:54 am

Hi dudes !

I want to connect to existing Wireless connection, and for that follow this manual:
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Connect_to_an_Available_Wireless_Network
I run all steps, but when click "Scan" and double clicked on SSID that i want to connect, give me error:
"ERROR: scan not running" and not connect to existing wifi network. Also before posted manual, in step 2 says:
"Delete the wlan interface, and in step 3 says: "Turn DHCP Client to wlan1 " So how do you find wlan interface, if before that interface is deleted.?

Please tell me what to do with this problem. The router is: MikroTik 951Ui-2HnD with 6.5 RouterOS factory installed. Tnx

plisken
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Problem with Bridging Existing Wireless Conection

Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:03 am

Install the "wireless package by "system" packages

deanMK
Topic Author

Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:44 am

Install the "wireless package by "system" packages
Its allready installed and enabled.. See the image below..

plisken
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:40 am

See you the wireless interface now?

deanMK
Topic Author

Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:18 pm

Yea sure !

I follow tutorial posted in first post, but problem is when delete the wlan interface. Because in next step, says turn wlan int. into station mode. How to turn wlan int. into station mode, if before wlan int. is deleted.? Do you want to make mini tutorial how to connect to existing wireless network, and share internet connection via ethernet ports. Tnx

plisken
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:29 pm

Hello, look at this, on my webiste.
In dutch but follow the printscreens a made.
http://www.wirelessinfo.be/index.php/mi ... es/station
Is that what you want?

deanMK
Topic Author

Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:41 pm

Not really.. Watch the tut. in first post, ,and you will know what i need. So..

1. I have existing wireless network in my neigbours from Router Speedport W503V. So i want to get wireless signal from that network, with my Mikrotik, and share that internet connection via LAN ports. Is now clear? Your tut. dont help me much..

plisken
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:24 pm

This is the same configuration but with own dns and IP-range
This is what you need

deanMK
Topic Author

Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:15 am

This is the same configuration but with own dns and IP-range
This is what you need
I dont need other DNS servers, and IP ranges.. This can be more simple to configure? i`m new in RouterOS and for me this configuration is Science Fiction :)

plisken
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:00 am

What routerboard you have?

Lakis
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:19 pm

Hi dudes !

I want to connect to existing Wireless connection, and for that follow this manual:
I run all steps, but when click "Scan" and double clicked on SSID that i want to connect, give me error:
"ERROR: scan not running" and not connect to existing wifi network. Also before posted manual, in step 2 says:
"Delete the wlan interface, and in step 3 says: "Turn DHCP Client to wlan1 " So how do you find wlan interface, if before that interface is deleted.?

Please tell me what to do with this problem. The router is: MikroTik 951Ui-2HnD with 6.5 RouterOS factory installed. Tnx
"ERROR: scan not running" I get this error sometimes try several times it should work - just that - scan and connect or just simple copy SSID name of designated wifi to wlan SSID TAB "space"
than go in IP->DHCP client create DHCP on wlan1 and that is

On the last one u can not Delete wlan interface, u can uninstall or install wireless packed or u can disable and enable. In wiki manual that is not what it says, it says to delete wlan interface in bridge->ports (That is different, by doing that wlan port and rest of ether ports will not be in bridge) because u need wlan to act as WAN port

Actually if u are a beginner in mikrotik the most suitable option for you is ''quick set", placed top left in winbox - it's easy to use

deanMK
Topic Author

Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:26 pm

Hi dudes !

"ERROR: scan not running" I get this error sometimes try several times it should work - just that - scan and connect or just simple copy SSID name of designated wifi to wlan SSID TAB "space"
than go in IP->DHCP client create DHCP on wlan1 and that is

On the last one u can not Delete wlan interface, u can uninstall or install wireless packed or u can disable and enable. In wiki manual that is not what it says, it says to delete wlan interface in bridge->ports (That is different, by doing that wlan port and rest of ether ports will not be in bridge) because u need wlan to act as WAN port

Actually if u are a beginner in mikrotik the most suitable option for you is ''quick set", placed top left in winbox - it's easy to use
I tried 3 times but every time show me Error ! Do you want make tutorial with images how to do that ? Will be usefull for many others, with the same problem. :)

Lakis
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:41 pm

mth.png
simple copy SSID name of designated wifi to wlan SSID TAB "space"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

deanMK
Topic Author

Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:29 pm

So to delete this port right ?

Tried several times but every time show me Error message when try to connect to wirelesss network. :(

How do you meen to use Quick Set to activate this ? This is too confusing :-?