Community discussions

MikroTik App

MikeDavis
just joined
Topic Author

RV Park Setup Product Recommendations

Thu May 08, 2014 7:47 am

Hi,

I am new to this forum and I know this topic has been discussed more than dozen of time, but even after reading all of them I still have some questions and will be very grateful if someone can point me to the right direction.

I have to cover and RV park with wifi signal. It is pretty much a rectangular shape 500f/200f. I have attached a picture so hopefully you can see it. I have four one story buildings that I can use for poles/antennas. The buildings are approximately 150f from each other and there are some trees in the way. The ground is pretty flat. The internet connection comes to the main office building.

The park has 16 log cabins with metal roofs and rest of the area will be used for RVs (big metal Faraday cages). The average users will be 30-35, but may hit 70 on some peak periods.

I have some network experience (have played with Mikrotik, DD-WRT)

My questions are:

1. What equipment would you recommend to cover the area (the corners and speed are not of a big concern, 1-2Mbit/s is ok)?
2. I want to limit the bandwidth the customers can use and restrict them from using Netflix, Hulu, Amazon streaming and even maybe Youtube. Is this can be done with Mikrotik router?

Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.